2004 Acura RSX Consumer Review: Highly recommended after 1 yea

2004 Acura RSX - Consumer Review

Highly recommended after 1 year
By fausto on

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car for 25,000 miles. Bought it brand new. Have had a few minor rattles (dash, heat shield, both fixed) and a window motor was replaced. Other than that, the car has been trouble-free. I mean, it's a Honda. Performance wise, it handles great now that I've replaced the stock tires with good ones. It's as fast as a WRX but gets 32+ mpg no matter how hard you drive. The steering and shifting are paticularly nice. However the 6-speed tranny (with triple cone synchros) definitely shifts best in the hands of an experienced driver. Overall, I compared the RSX to the WRX, Mini Cooper S, STI, Audi A4, 350Z and RX-8 and I'm very, very glad I got the RSX.

Love this car. Stiff, solid feeling chassis, powerful racy motor, slick transmission, weighted, precise steering, Honda reliability and build quality.

Stock tires are awful. Replace them. Dash rattles a little but there's an easy DIY remedy.