2004 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (115 reviews )
THIS IS THE BEST CAR EVER!!!!!
By j-jay on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

yo this is the car of any persons dream the power and handeling behind this car is unlike no other. this is the perfect car sexy, stylish, sleek. i love driving it. and after i did everything to it i get all the attention everywhere i go. girls love it!

I luv my car!
By robynrmlf1 on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had a '93 integra 2 yrs. ago, loved it, crashed it, got a new eclipse,wanted an acura but got sucked into the 'triple zero' deal, loved it, crashed it (neither accident my fault, my luck sucks!), finally got a '02 RSX, silver, high spoiler, the works. Only complaint, the stereo could be louder, and road noise is annoying(but I knew that and it didn't deter me. Herb Chambers sucks at cust. service, never gets back to you when they say, (i had some issues and it took months to resolve) once they had my money (19950.00 CASH) they don't wanna know you. But I love my car!

Too many problems with this car.
By ThisCarSucksIHateIt on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had a Mitsubishi before this car, and this car is so much worse. It is constantly in the shop. Transmission problems, rattles, squeeks, noises, the stereo was incorrectly wired. Just recently, my engine went out. I started looking to see if others had similar problems on the net, and it's worse. I found about 300 other owners also having engine failures, some people claim there are thousands more. Then I saw a video of a guy on FOX News talking about how his engine went out and his car is a LEMON. It's a nightmare. Today I found out that they are not warrantying my engine and my parents have to pay 10,000 dollars to fix it!

smoke them! all of them!
By SumMortuus on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this cars handling. Very Tight!!!! This car has the meanest 4- cylinder stock engine out there. The 200 hp 2.0 litre 4-cyl sounds like a V- 6, while being able to smoke many V-6's off the line at the same time. (Including many not so impressive mustangs) So much fun to cruise around in with the windows down the sunroof open, and the stereo goin'.

Best Sports Car Value Available
By bauhaus01 on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have now had my RSX Type S for over a year and am currently approaching 28,000 miles. So far I have not had a single problem. I have made two long distance road trips and averaged 32 miles per gallon on each. I normally average 24 miles per gallon combined city and freeway driving. I split the freeway/city driving about 70/30. Everything about the car is pure, clean and crisp. I was looking for simplicity when I searched for my car. There is nothing complicated about the RSX. It has pure clean lines, a simple ergonomically correct interior and simple, pure, smooth power. This car begs to be driven hard and fast.

5300 rpm 2nd phase.
By billabong on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've just purchased my 2004 Nighthawk Black Pearl RSX Type-S. Coming from sports car(Mitsu 3000GT), this car serves me very well. I love the tight cornering ability, 6sp manual, 200hp i- Vtec...etc. Just as what my title of this colume, I smile when I see my rev meter's reaching 5300rpm because I'm pulling harder than ever!

love my car!
By cusoon on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

had a honda accord lx for 11 years. It now has over 300,000on (my niece drives it). Bought a mazda millenium,hated it! traded it in for rsx type s. love my car. it handles great, good gas and most of all it's a lot of fun to drive.

Awesome Ride
By JCB on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased RSX type-S in Jan 04. I am very happy that I got this car. I was almost going to buy the new mazda RX-8. But the price of the RX-8 and the lackluster fuel economy lured me to the RSX instead, and I am not disappointed at all.This gorgeous looking vehicle gets alot of stares from other drivers. It looks sporty enough, has responsive handling, powerful engine that begs to be driven fast. Very fun to drive ,also, the audio system is great.

outstanding
By jayboo8 on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

i love this car

perfect
By mitchellicious on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

best car ever i like my acura so much i wouldnt trade it for another car in the same price range