2004 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Fun & Sporty with Elegance & Quality
By California Girl on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a Toyota Corolla GTS for 19 years and 300,000 miles and was hoping to buy another Toyota but the Celica rode like a bucket. Researched for two months and this is the best car for what you get. Many wonderful amenities and it's just plain fun to drive, plus the styling is elegant for a sports car.

Acura Sucks
By Matthew Stewart on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The enigne block was cracked after 5,500 miles. I took it in becuase it was leaking oil. They replaced the oil filter. Still something wrong so they had to "call" Acura to find out the small block was cracked. Seriously. It took 17 days to fix and when I was intially told I could get it the dealer said my car was not ready because my engine was "laying in pieces on the floor". Not a comforting thought. They clutch just went out at 45,000 miles and they would not replace it for free because it is a wearable part. Well, I guess the enigne is "wearable" too but it still does not go bad after 5,500 miles. The seal around the driver's door was coming undone.

THIS CAR IS HOT! and ON THE ROAD, HOTTER
By JAZZY on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WITH ACURA, MAZDA HAD ME FOR 6 YEARS. BUT THE RSX, MAKES YOU FEEL YOUR DRIVING AN EXPENSIVE FOREIGN SPORTS CAR. SUSPENSION IS FIRM, on THE ROAD IT HUGS IT. ENGINE IS SUPER FINE AND QUICK; VERY QUICK! INTERIOR IS BUILT LIKE A COCKPIT; JUST SIT BACK AND FLY DOWN THE ROAD. NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD WANT A HATCHBACK, BUT IT'S SO ROOMY, MY MILANO RED SEEMS TO DRAW ATTENTION FROM EVERYONE, FROM KIDS 18 TO SENIOR'S 65 AND OLDER. LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST IS THE "SPORTS SEQUENTIAL" TRANNY... I LOVE IT. AUTOMATIC WHEN I WANT and MANUAL WHEN I AM READY TO PLAY. FANTASTIC! ACURA HAS ME FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS, AND MORE IF THEY KEEP IT UP. CHAS L. BKLYN NY

Icemans ride
By Tadpole on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When i first got in it we were like family

Pimpin' car!!!
By JNH on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car all around. Can't beat it's performance for the price. Also, it's great for the import tuning industries.

An amazing deal
By Schowtyme on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a little over a month ago and I am so impressed I will probably never stray from Acura in the future. Acura is owned by Honda, and my family owns 3 Civics between them with about 400,000 miles on the cars and none of them have had any major problems. So in purchasing the Acura I felt very comfortable about the quality, but after a month of driving this car I can honestly say it is underpriced. The handling is superb, everything in the interior is well made and it feels like a luxury car for under $20k. The only problem I have noticed so far is that the stereo is not the greatest and the rear seat is a little cramped for an adult.

My RSX
By f1lvr on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

A great all-around driver. Good fuel economy and a lot of fun to drive to work. Drove a Focus before leasing my RSX, no contest. RSX is an awesome car!

I love my RSX!
By peachwax on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Let me tell you, when I first set eyes on my baby I knew I had to have him him. The car was a good size, being that I live in the city and pararell parking can suck if you own a Hummer. I took the car for a test drive and could not believe how smooth the ride was. THe car had incredible control along curves and bends. The interior black cloth with red contrasting lights caught my eye as it was chic and mondern. Not to the mention the rear windshield wipers and side mirror defrost were a bonus! I have had my car for a little over a month now and I absolutely love it..I want to marry it! All my friends love it, and most importantly I DO!!!

This car rocks the house
By FreddieJones on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car for a little over a year now and it simply kicks ass. I have had absolutely no problems and it is so much fun. I recomend it for any one buying a car. Its also somewhat affordable

Not a repeat buyer.
By smplyme on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It will not perform without premium fuel. It also lacks in the handling department, having too much weight in the front along with sloppy steering at highway speeds, not allow you to push the car as much as it begs to be pushed. The button disabling the air conditioner is known as the turbo boost button. --It is extremely sluggish when the AC is on.