2004 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Chowderheads Review
By Chowderheads on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent handling and fun to drive. Roomy front seat, I was going to buy a Celica, but after driving the RSX there was no comparing the two.

Great, quality sports sedan
By f. Strickland on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Appreciate the dual personality of RSX. Drive careful, and I have consistently achieved 38-40 MPG; "get on it" and she runs with the best of them. Handling is superb; quality, fit and finish are absolutely outstanding; tire noise is a bit excessive; radio reception is disappointing, but teamed with XM Radio the radio is 100%. Especially appreciate the dealer. An absolutely fine, professional organization. My only complaint was the aim of the headlights. They were pointed immediately down in front of the car; the dealer adjusted the aim, and now the lights are terrific. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a quality, 2 passenger sports sedan.

GREAT
By LUVMYAC on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I Love my RSX!! This is my second car and I must say I wish it was my first!! It is a great car to drive, the handling is amazing as well as being good on gas.

Tranmission Grinds
By plocht on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car that is fun to drive, but the transmission sucks! The six speed transmission has major design flaws that Acura refuses to acknowledge. The transmission starting griding the day I took it from the dealer. Two months later they totally rebuild then transmission then two months after that they replaced the transmission. Nothing seems to help, except the warm weather this time of year. I am just waiting for the return of winter and the continuing problem with grinding.

My Acura RSX Rocks!
By VLGaffEsq on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I love my new Acura RSX...great little sports car. Ony complaint; it doesn't handle bumps well at all. Overall, however, very satisfied.

fun to drive
By BETA on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Great little car could have a little less road noise. ALSO Acura what about a soft top model Honda has the 2000.

Acura needs to fix transmission problem
By lizardgizzard on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded in my RSX-S (9700 miles) and was glad to do it. Ever since I bought the car I have had transmission problems with grinding from 1st to 2nd and with 2nd to 3rd gears. Sometimes I was unable to get 3rd gear to engage without forcing it into gear. I then contacted the dealership for warranty repair for the problem and they would not fix it. They stated the problem was not bad enough and had to completely fail and strand me in the middle of no where, before they would fix it. Over all the rest of the vehicle is well built, but I would suggest dont buy one until Acura can fix the transmission problems or buy a used Integra.

RSX Type S
By rgvivace on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I loved my 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed: brilliant steering and magic, compliant long-travel suspension. Wanted SVT Focus, but none available. Acura offered a GREAT lease deal: $1k down included 1st mo, 48mo @$275 w/tax for RSX-S w/15k miles/yr. Mazda 3S hatchback nice but only $9/mo less than better performing/feature-laden RSX-S. Mini S nice but too small, too $$. Best feature: tan leather, high-quality interior vs. cloth in coal-bin black. Type S = fabulous performance (esp. engine/6 speed), but rather too stiff & frenetic. Comfy seats, well bolstered. Why don't they put better, stickier tires on these??? Best-in- class bang-for-buck.

Great car, but needs improvement
By Courbu on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car for the money. The interior is beautiful in its simplicity, the stereo is perfect, and it's fun to drive. I still can't get used to the weird body design since I had two Integras before it that were frankly much easier on the eye. However, the driver-oriented interior more than makes up for it. The perforated leather seats are very sporty and elegant. The engine on this little car is great & kicks in if you know how to drive a stick correctly. It is also SO reliable! I've never had ONE problem w/ any of the 4 Acuras I've owned.

Great Coupe Car
By Jadey on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Its a great car for a great price, knowing it is an acura i feel also safe in it.