2004 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews 6

2004 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (115 reviews )
Best of Class??
By AZESS on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After driving a Corolla for 150K miles, it was time to buy something fun to drive. I test drove the GTS Celica, Tiberon V6, GTI 1.8T, Jetta 1.8T and 6, Mustang GT and the Eclipse V6. Needless to say, I chose the RSX Type S based on performance, comfort and that all important "Fun to Drive" category. After 1 year and 23000 miles, I have nothing but praise for this car. Sure it is not the fasted thing on 4 wheels but it offers tremendous performance and quality at a price that puts it in a league of its own.

i love it
By Element915 on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this car is awesome, i just got it, and i can't stop driving it... whenever i get out of the car i think of excuses to get back in and go places...

cute and fun
By arlozoe on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I LOOOOOVE this car. I am a Mom who loves this fun little car. My 16 year old daighter also loves to drive it. Many people turn and look when we drive by. It handles great.

THE BEST
By Mr Ecko on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I think it is an absolutely elegant car as well as sporty. Nice and quick out the gate and breaktaking once you hit VTEC. The car drives my crazy

Worst car I've bought
By turboGSRChick on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my RSX Type-S thinking that it would be a newer version of my '92 Acura Integra GS-R. I was sorely dissapointed. Despite having a bigger engine (2.0L vs the 1.7 in my GS-R) this car feels slow and sluggish. Between 3000 and 6000RPM the car falls flat on its @ss. The suspension isn't as tight and the car has a lot of body lean if you push it in corners. The gas mileage is HORRIBLE, 20-25mpg. My mom's Mitsu Outlander does better than that. Oh, and my 6-speed manual has been grinding 2nd and 3rd gears since I bought it. I had it rebuilt once already to no avail. DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!!

Promit's Review
By P-Chatty on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving this car for quite sometime now, and all I can say is WOW! This car is amazing. My dad gave me an option on what car to buy between Acura RSX Type S or Hyundai Tiburon. I made the best choice I believe. The only problem I had with this car is the stereo. I don't know about others but I like bass, and this car's bose system doesn't give you that. One 10 inch sub for this car and you will be bumpin. Other than that...car is amazing!

Best car I ever bought
By jfbrown42 on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Like everybody else who has written a review here, I love this car. I get a smile on my face every time and get in and start it up. Sometimes I shut the radio off just so I can enjoy the sound of the engine. I love the red dashboard lights and the way the seats hold you in place when going around the corners.

Great Car
By J.D.P. on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought this car and love it. The design of this car is very nice. The short throw manual is easy. This car is fun to rev up and has plenty of power. The handling is good but not the best for it's size. It accelerates great but the torque output is really low. I love the gauges and the red glow at night. The bose stereo is also a great standard feature with a sub woofer. The Acura also has an automatic climate control which is a rare find for a car at $23,000.

RSX Type S
By RSXacing on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What can I say about a sports coupe that has it all: speed, fun, looks, technology, quality, reliability, and that scrrrrreaming VTEC??? I was going to buy a 350Z...but I'm glad I settled for the RSX Type S. Soon...my RSX will have as much or even more horses than the Z.

best money spent
By bobino on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I can't wait to get out of work every day to make the commute home. When you hit the high rpms the car sounds and performs like a race car. It is a blast to drive.