2004 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (115 reviews )
Funtodrive=high
By Yesitsthatgood on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

All around nice balanced car. 1. Power is great 2. Handling is great 3. Doesn't rob you at the gas pump 4. Excellent build quality 5. Very Reliable 6. Great interior/exterior 7. Nice Sound system You'd be hard pressed to find any other car with all those amendities at that price. When I originally test drove the car it didn't do much for me but after the break-in period and learning how to drive...I was like wow!!!

my second acura...and not the last
By yaksplat on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my wife's car, but i get to drive it occasionally. Mine's a 94 gsr with 211,000 miles so I can compare them well. The rsx is lacking a bit of power up to 6000 rpm, but after that it's great. The gas milage is wonderful. We just got back from a trip and averaged 41 mpg over 300 miles. But under normal driving conditions we get around 26-28. The transmission is one of the best i'd ever driven. My wife reluctantly learned on this car and had no problem catching on. I would definately recommend this car. We have had no problem with it at all. Acura quality at its best.

I should of held to the 2005 RSX-S model
By marksviper on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I really love the car. Its Fast, sterring is unbleiveable when turning tight corners going about 70 and then downshifting in to the corner very smooth. No problems at this time.

Great Car
By A.E. on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car should receive a ten for all categories due to its potential...

This car sounds great
By squarefoot on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car really has a pleasant howl above 6500 rpm and the 6-speed makes it a breeze to keep it singing. The interior is high quality and elegant in it's simplicity and execution. While not blisteringly fast it is quick enough to be fun and my mileage has been in the 30 mpg range. I found it to be faster and less expensive than a similar cooper-s or celica GT- S. Unlike some I feel the suspension is plenty stiff and responsive, if you want more try the A-spec

Awesome Car
By Astrodude2 on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought the RSX type S and I have to say my daily commute just got a lot more fun and exciting. Why would anyone pay more money for the 350Z, because the Acura has a much smoother ride and costs less. I've owned Acura's before and I've been asking myself "why did I ever stray?"? I need to take time and read the manual and learn about the car, but who can stop driving it? I'd definately suggest this car to anyone. Acura's quality and reliability are legendary.

Amazing, This car rocks!!!
By NC on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

AMAZING. Accelerating in this vehicle makes you feel like your in a plane.

Type S
By compdoc777 on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car robust and gets on well with modifications. Mine makes an extra 60hp at the crank now all N/A. Very capable of a low 13 second run. Handles like a dream and had plenty aftermarker parts avalible.

RSX---fun,fast,fantastic
By plutonic_eclipse on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Extremely well designed interior, sharp and sleek exterior looks, quality comfort and very good reliability. This car received 5 out of 5 stars for front impact crash rating. Also equipped with side air bags too (SRS). Very good gas mileage 24-31. This car handles fabulously on the road, even in adverse weather conditions. Tight suspension, high rev. Ivtech engine. Acura really puts a good car together here. I compared this to Toyota Celica and Hyundai Tiburon, they did not rate "as high" in consumer satisfaction as this car did.

Tranmission Grinds
By plocht on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car that is fun to drive, but the transmission sucks! The six speed transmission has major design flaws that Acura refuses to acknowledge. The transmission starting griding the day I took it from the dealer. Two months later they totally rebuild then transmission then two months after that they replaced the transmission. Nothing seems to help, except the warm weather this time of year. I am just waiting for the return of winter and the continuing problem with grinding.