Used 2004 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (115 reviews )

Very disappointed...
By prettyboon

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am very disappointed in this car. I used to be a big Honda fan, but I think i've changed my mind. The transmission sucks, which is a common complaint. Fuel economy is bad. The interior is missing alot of luxuries for the price. Heated leather seats should be standard, along with lighted vanity mirrors. The interior is very plain looking. The stock tires are bordering on dangerous for being on the car. After less than a year of having the car there were already rattles in the dash. I'm trading this car in very soon. This car is no Integra. I don't know what Honda was thinking.

The ergonomics of the stereo make it very easy to work while driving. The leather seats are pretty sporty.

I don't know where to begin. Transmission, heated leather seats, lights on vanity mirrors, design quality...

Sport and Luxury on a budget
By Wes G

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I thought for a long time that this car was an overpriced Civic, but it appears that Acura put the money in all the right places. It takes an econobox, gives it a beautiful interior, and puts in Honda's best features- the high-rev VTEC 4-cylinder and the 6-speed manual. I have 8K miles on mine with no problems other than a loose piece of weatherstrip on the passenger door.The car would handle better with more aggressive rubber, and I find myself needing to get out to stretch my legs on trips longer than about 90 minutes, because I can't quite fully extend my leg while seated no matter how hard I try. I'm 6'4".

Rev-happy engine- nothing quite like the sound of this car between 6k and 8k RPM when VTEC kicks in. 6 speed manual, big trunkspace with rear seats folded down, steering wheel is the perfect size, and interior in general is very nicely designed, good fit and finish. Looks more expensive than it is.

The OE tires are not acceptable for a sporty car, this is the only car in Acura's line that doesn't have HID lights, interior is a bit snug for tall drivers on long drives.Also, the gas tank is too small. Even driving conservatively (25-27mpg), I only get ~275 miles on a tankful.

what more could you ask for?
By turbo911cm

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After driving an suv for 3 years I decided to enter to sport compact market and I am so glad I choose this car. Working for a car rental company you see a lot of cars and features you like/dislike. I always look forward to driving this car. It begs to be driven hard and performs extremely well (not in snow). I have not gotten bored driving this car and I know it will perform everyday (unlike some cars I rent). I couldnt be more pleased with this purchase.

Tight steering wheel, smooth short shift, high rev engine, and the list could continue on and on.

offer 17" rims as standard on type-s, possible xm radio/navigation

Best Car in its Class
By BHMnPalmBeach

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is great! I traded in a 350hp Trans Am for this car because I was quite upset with having the brand new TA in the shop for over $5000 worth of work in the year I owned it. I have always hated these little foreign cars. However, after opening my eyes to the actual value, performance, gas mileage, reliability, and outstanding customer service (including a real live, brand new Acura TSX loner car when your car needs even minor service). If you even remotely like to drive compare this $24,000 car to the $24,000 '04 Grand Prix (my mom just bought one). All I have to say in closing is a little quote from my favorite periodical, Car and Driver, "Best Car in its Class!!"

* 200hp(6.4-60mph)=32 mpg!!!!!! * handling * tons of standard features that the competitors up-charge for * customer service * great service department(no sitting around the dealership when you get the loner TSX) * great warranty * great lease options * great price

* xenon lights * more aggressive tires standard * bigger wheels * heated seats(now that it's winter in Pittsburgh) * optional navigation system

Great car. Not much like it on the road
By jeff2417

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It's made by Honda, so expect Honda reliability. The 200hp TypeS engine is a hoot! If you haven't ever driven one, you owe it to yourself to go down and try one out. Take it up to 8100, slam it into second, and hold the hell on!

Engine, Interior Cluster, Engine Sound at full throttle

Fix the little rattles here and there, and fix the defective transmissions! Otherwise, perfect car!