Used 2004 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

One Sweet Ride!
By RSXdemon

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Great to drive...anywhere. Big trunk space for a coupe, I was able to move furniture and a 24' TV. Great handling on turns, Love that the radio faces more to the driver. Excellent gas milage...LA to Las Vegas in 3/4 of the tank. Looks like a rocket all my friends love my car. I got mine for 20K.

Favorite Features

Automatic Climate Control, the Automatic Sport Shift Transmission, the red glow from the instruents, auto up/down driver window, and of course the 2.0L 160-hp VTEC engine.

Suggested Improvements

HID lights, lights on the vanity mirrors, hatch relase on the inside and on the control, better braking power, one touch auto open/close sun roof, bose system in all models, better cloth seats (no suede), and digital outside temperature reading.

ACURA RSX
By steph D

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Ive had my RSX for almost four months, it is a gorgoeus car and not too expensive. I would urge anyone that is looking in the RSX price range to test drive one.. you will most likely buy one, it has amazing handling. The RSX may seem small, but I managed to move furniture, boxes and clothes with out a problem.

Favorite Features

The RSX has versatile storage space and it is very easy to put the back seats down.

Suggested Improvements

This may seem trivial, but it has no vanity mirror-- which is important for women on the go. There is a mirror in the shade that pulls down, but it does not have a light.

Almost perfect
By Super E

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, great on gas, and able to hold my luggage too. This is a great car to travel in. We love the interior layout of the car. Although the torque could be better the over all driving is great. This price is right.

Favorite Features

Interior layout, comfort, price

Suggested Improvements

better torque, it is good but could be better

Alot of bang for your buck
By Ad Rock

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

After researching and test driving an almost endless number of automatic coupe/hatchbacks I found the Acura RSX to be the best bet. It has awesome handling and acceleration extremely well for being a 4cyl. 160hp. Another selling point for me was the high safety and quality ratings that the RSX has. Also, in the long run the RSX has a higher resale value over the Hyundai Tiburon, Toyota Celica and VW Golf & GTI. What the car lacks in back seat room it makes with by having a hugh trunk.

Favorite Features

The body/interior both have great styling. The car is a real pleasure to drive at night with all of the controls well lit/placed. Everything is right at your fingertips. The handling/breaking/acceleration as well as the safety and reliability ratings are all strong selling points.

Suggested Improvements

More rear leg room. Automatic/programable driver seat memory. Bose sound system available on other models, just not the Type S.

This car rocks: Excellent Value
By Zachrsx

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car it is the first time I bought a new car and it has been a awsome. I might not have the power some people want but it will get up and go. I love the interior feels like a luxury car just without the sticker shock. I love it.

Favorite Features

Reliability, Interior, Sport Shifter.

Suggested Improvements

Where are the HUD Lights everyone else in the Acura line-up has them, stereo is ok but that about it