2004 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (115 reviews )
2004 RSX
By jjthomas182 on 04/19/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my 2004 RSX for 2 years now and I love it! I have had several other sports cars in the past, the last being a mustang. This car is fast, but still managers to be practical, compfortable, reliable, and fuel efficient. It also has the more prestige name of acura with many luxury features, but was suprisingly affordable. definately best in class

Instant Classic!!
By RSXorcist on 08/24/05 03:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had the car for a little over a year and I still find excuses to run errands just so I can drive it. I love this car. While I did grind 2nd gear occassionally, I figured it was more user error than anything. The seats are great, steering wheel firm, transmission precise and handling amazing. I wasn't a big fan of hatchback designs but this grew on me. You have to drive it to appreciate it. I've taken it on the canyon twisties along with a buddies S2000 and it kept up quite well (probably would've kept up even better if the stock tires didn't stink).

Highly recommended after 1 year
By fausto on 08/02/05 13:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car for 25,000 miles. Bought it brand new. Have had a few minor rattles (dash, heat shield, both fixed) and a window motor was replaced. Other than that, the car has been trouble-free. I mean, it's a Honda. Performance wise, it handles great now that I've replaced the stock tires with good ones. It's as fast as a WRX but gets 32+ mpg no matter how hard you drive. The steering and shifting are paticularly nice. However the 6-speed tranny (with triple cone synchros) definitely shifts best in the hands of an experienced driver. Overall, I compared the RSX to the WRX, Mini Cooper S, STI, Audi A4, 350Z and RX-8 and I'm very, very glad I got the RSX.

worst...transmission....EVER
By B17A1girl on 06/28/05 13:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

As a the Internet Sales Manager and a salesperson at a car dealership, I drive different cars every day. My Acura RSX type-S, which is supposed to be one of the most reliable cars available, has the worst manual transmission I have ever experienced on a new car. Ever since I bought it, 2nd and 3rd gear have been grinding. It's been back to 3 different Acura dealers 4 times for the same problem. Only one of them was willing to fix it and found that the synchros are bad from the factory. They supposedly replaced them but the problem continues. NEVER buying a Honda product again.

Outstanding Vehicle.
By intensecycleboy on 06/02/05 19:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I don't normally review things unless I can speak from a relatively extensive experience. I've had this car for a little over a year, and I accumulated ~25000km on it. I have very little to complain about. It meets and exceeds every single expectation I had when choosing a new vehicle. Fun, economical (with respect to my 2000 Pathfinder ... everything is economical), and of course stylish.

Very disappointed...
By prettyboon on 04/06/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am very disappointed in this car. I used to be a big Honda fan, but I think i've changed my mind. The transmission sucks, which is a common complaint. Fuel economy is bad. The interior is missing alot of luxuries for the price. Heated leather seats should be standard, along with lighted vanity mirrors. The interior is very plain looking. The stock tires are bordering on dangerous for being on the car. After less than a year of having the car there were already rattles in the dash. I'm trading this car in very soon. This car is no Integra. I don't know what Honda was thinking.

Sport and Luxury on a budget
By Wes G on 04/03/05 12:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I thought for a long time that this car was an overpriced Civic, but it appears that Acura put the money in all the right places. It takes an econobox, gives it a beautiful interior, and puts in Honda's best features- the high-rev VTEC 4-cylinder and the 6-speed manual. I have 8K miles on mine with no problems other than a loose piece of weatherstrip on the passenger door.The car would handle better with more aggressive rubber, and I find myself needing to get out to stretch my legs on trips longer than about 90 minutes, because I can't quite fully extend my leg while seated no matter how hard I try. I'm 6'4".

what more could you ask for?
By turbo911cm on 03/09/05 19:29 PM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After driving an suv for 3 years I decided to enter to sport compact market and I am so glad I choose this car. Working for a car rental company you see a lot of cars and features you like/dislike. I always look forward to driving this car. It begs to be driven hard and performs extremely well (not in snow). I have not gotten bored driving this car and I know it will perform everyday (unlike some cars I rent). I couldnt be more pleased with this purchase.

Best Car in its Class
By BHMnPalmBeach on 01/02/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is great! I traded in a 350hp Trans Am for this car because I was quite upset with having the brand new TA in the shop for over $5000 worth of work in the year I owned it. I have always hated these little foreign cars. However, after opening my eyes to the actual value, performance, gas mileage, reliability, and outstanding customer service (including a real live, brand new Acura TSX loner car when your car needs even minor service). If you even remotely like to drive compare this $24,000 car to the $24,000 '04 Grand Prix (my mom just bought one). All I have to say in closing is a little quote from my favorite periodical, Car and Driver, "Best Car in its Class!!"

Great car. Not much like it on the road
By jeff2417 on 12/14/04 15:24 PM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It's made by Honda, so expect Honda reliability. The 200hp TypeS engine is a hoot! If you haven't ever driven one, you owe it to yourself to go down and try one out. Take it up to 8100, slam it into second, and hold the hell on!