Used 2004 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Great Thrill for cost.
By rudohudson

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great for enthusiasts just wanting to get around with style. I love mine. I find the torque on take off is kinda weak, but if you put a short shifter, it feels a whole lot better. It makes a difference. I can't complain other than that. Heated side view Mirros? Awesome considering those are always frozen during the winter in WI. Seats always a comfort.

Favorite Features

Mine are the auto climate control, the heated side mirrors and sunroof (standard).

Suggested Improvements

If you are going to make a Type-S, don't you think it should be powered like JDM's Type-R? The Base HP for the Base and Type-S are a little weak for what I thought it was going to be. The A-Spec could also have more to the package add-ons (More power and handling).

Worst car I've bought
By turboGSRChick

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my RSX Type-S thinking that it would be a newer version of my '92 Acura Integra GS-R. I was sorely dissapointed. Despite having a bigger engine (2.0L vs the 1.7 in my GS-R) this car feels slow and sluggish. Between 3000 and 6000RPM the car falls flat on its @ss. The suspension isn't as tight and the car has a lot of body lean if you push it in corners. The gas mileage is HORRIBLE, 20-25mpg. My mom's Mitsu Outlander does better than that. Oh, and my 6-speed manual has been grinding 2nd and 3rd gears since I bought it. I had it rebuilt once already to no avail. DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!!

Favorite Features

Ummm....6 disc in dash cd changer. Leather seats. That's about it.

Suggested Improvements

Better motor, better transmission, better suspension....bring back double wishbone in the front!!

Promit's Review
By P-Chatty

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving this car for quite sometime now, and all I can say is WOW! This car is amazing. My dad gave me an option on what car to buy between Acura RSX Type S or Hyundai Tiburon. I made the best choice I believe. The only problem I had with this car is the stereo. I don't know about others but I like bass, and this car's bose system doesn't give you that. One 10 inch sub for this car and you will be bumpin. Other than that...car is amazing!

Favorite Features

DOHC V-Tech Engine Leather Interior 6-Speed Manual 200 HP IS 300 Killa!

Suggested Improvements

Bose System-needs a sub Body-needs to be lowered 1 1/2 inches

Amazing car
By Timbo272727

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

very fun to drive, plenty of standard features, holds the road, gets LOTS of looks!!

Favorite Features

standard sunroof and the tiptronic auto

Suggested Improvements

need OEM HID headlights, if the type-s was auto, prob would have bought that

Great Car
By Gregpilot

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really fun car to drive. I have had it for about a week now. I love the color and the dash lighting (red) at night rocks. It's very responsive and gets great gas mileage. I hope to keep this car for 10 year

Favorite Features

I love the comfort of the seats, back lighting, really easy to shift, quick little car for something that gets good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The radio needs to be better but does a good job for what I use it for. I would love for it to have a little bigger back seat for it's very small. However, I just pushed the back seats down and gives me a huge back seat/truck.