Used 2004 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Great, Fun Car
By RSX Hawk

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased my RSX Type-S a little over a month ago, and it is just so fun to drive. I live in an area where you can find some old backcountry hilly and windy roads and i just cannot get enough of it. The suspension is a little stiff so the ride can get a bit bumpy, but it feels great in the turns. It is just a great looking, great sounding, great driving car.

Favorite Features

The manual transmission is the best ive ever used, the sound system is amazing for a stock performance, and it just looks amazing.

Suggested Improvements

The one thing they could add is possibly a V6 or a turbo model, while the 4 cylinder can still put out 200- horsepower it lacks a little on the acceleration.

Best of Class??
By AZESS

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After driving a Corolla for 150K miles, it was time to buy something fun to drive. I test drove the GTS Celica, Tiberon V6, GTI 1.8T, Jetta 1.8T and 6, Mustang GT and the Eclipse V6. Needless to say, I chose the RSX Type S based on performance, comfort and that all important "Fun to Drive" category. After 1 year and 23000 miles, I have nothing but praise for this car. Sure it is not the fasted thing on 4 wheels but it offers tremendous performance and quality at a price that puts it in a league of its own.

Favorite Features

Seats, Shifter, Climate Control, Handling, and Ivtec.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have the stereo controls on the steering wheel but I can live without it. Mirror that don't drip water constantly after washing.

i love it
By Element915

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this car is awesome, i just got it, and i can't stop driving it... whenever i get out of the car i think of excuses to get back in and go places...

Favorite Features

seats, sound system, moon roof, keyless entry, cargo space, hp

Suggested Improvements

a little grind from 1st to 2nd, sometimes 2nd to 3rd...i'm going to talk to my dealer to see if that can be fixd, otherwise, great car

cute and fun
By arlozoe

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I LOOOOOVE this car. I am a Mom who loves this fun little car. My 16 year old daighter also loves to drive it. Many people turn and look when we drive by. It handles great.

Favorite Features

Looks great, great gas mileage, fun to drive.

THE BEST
By Mr Ecko

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I think it is an absolutely elegant car as well as sporty. Nice and quick out the gate and breaktaking once you hit VTEC. The car drives my crazy

Favorite Features

Everything!!

Suggested Improvements

HID lights, LSD