Used 2004 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

An amazing deal
By Schowtyme

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a little over a month ago and I am so impressed I will probably never stray from Acura in the future. Acura is owned by Honda, and my family owns 3 Civics between them with about 400,000 miles on the cars and none of them have had any major problems. So in purchasing the Acura I felt very comfortable about the quality, but after a month of driving this car I can honestly say it is underpriced. The handling is superb, everything in the interior is well made and it feels like a luxury car for under $20k. The only problem I have noticed so far is that the stereo is not the greatest and the rear seat is a little cramped for an adult.

My favorite feature of the car is the handling. I have driven a Miata for the past 2 years and I would say this feels just as good if not better (the Miata is a little light and can drift in a turn or on a wet road) then that car.

The only major improvement I can think of is to include a better stereo in the base model, but I think this is asking a bit much. Other than that there is not much they can do about the back seat without changing the car completely. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this car.

My RSX
By f1lvr

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

A great all-around driver. Good fuel economy and a lot of fun to drive to work. Drove a Focus before leasing my RSX, no contest. RSX is an awesome car!

Race-style seats, automatic climate control, gutsy engine

A little better base sound system

I love my RSX!
By peachwax

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Let me tell you, when I first set eyes on my baby I knew I had to have him him. The car was a good size, being that I live in the city and pararell parking can suck if you own a Hummer. I took the car for a test drive and could not believe how smooth the ride was. THe car had incredible control along curves and bends. The interior black cloth with red contrasting lights caught my eye as it was chic and mondern. Not to the mention the rear windshield wipers and side mirror defrost were a bonus! I have had my car for a little over a month now and I absolutely love it..I want to marry it! All my friends love it, and most importantly I DO!!!

dash board, side and rear mirror defrosters, and good sound system

The RSX should have a BOSE sound system as the RSX-S.

This car rocks the house
By FreddieJones

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car for a little over a year now and it simply kicks ass. I have had absolutely no problems and it is so much fun. I recomend it for any one buying a car. Its also somewhat affordable

Not a repeat buyer.
By smplyme

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It will not perform without premium fuel. It also lacks in the handling department, having too much weight in the front along with sloppy steering at highway speeds, not allow you to push the car as much as it begs to be pushed. The button disabling the air conditioner is known as the turbo boost button. --It is extremely sluggish when the AC is on.

Some of the best, simple, and straight- forward dash design. Supportive and comfortable front seats.

Improve the weight distribution, tighten the steering with an engine that can handle the AC, and you've got a fun car at a reasonably low price. Think twice before purchasing, and consider spending a little more to get more.