2004 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (115 reviews )
unbelievable daily commuter!!
By huichan on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased Rsx type-s. I am very happy that I got this car. I was almost going to buy the new mazda 3. But the horrible manners of people in Mazda dealer, I switched my mind and went to Acura to get this gorgeous looking vehicle. It looks sporty enough, has pretty quick response engine. Very fun to drive ,also, the audio system is decent. I won't regret that I got this car instead of the unstable Mazda cars

Great buy
By ToddAT on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun to drive. Good substitute for my Corvette as a commuting car. Great performance.

Best car for 2002+
By AcuraRSX232 on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The RSX Type S is fun, sporty, quick and smooth. The luxury feeling you receive just from sitting in this car will sell you instantly. The 6 speed is nice and short.

RSX-S is the best value on the road.
By Gorodnitzki on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Acura (although last car was Maxima SE) and it's easily the best. I feel funny about giving straight 10s, but this car deserves every one. I look forward to driving it every day, whether to work or across country. Fast, fun, comfortable and it is amazing how much stuff you can fit in the hatch. And I get unsolicited compliments on it regularly, too. Synthetic oil helps performance and quiets engine noise. Unbelievable value for $24K. Bravo, Acura!

The best!
By Drewpp on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the best car I've ever had! It's so fun to drive!

this is the best damn car in the world!!
By shea.. on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

i love this car!!!!!

Best Car Made
By Alex Silver on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car for everything. Really fast! Great design inside and on the outside. I think its the best car made.

RSX-S vs EVO vs WRX
By JDMDC5-S on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great and awesome car all around. Perfect between performance and drivability. Has potential to be a pretty fast car. But not as much potential compared to WRX or Evo. This is not the car if you want to be extremely fast. This car is a balance between performance and luxury. Interior is very nice. Looks are awesome compared to WRX. This car will be hard to compete with cars like Evo and WRX STi since this car is afterall FWD. Overall I love this car and is a great all around vehicle. Bose system is kind of lacking. But other than that I have no real complaints. Perfect balance between performance and drivability.

RSX type s
By Jeremy T. on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

well so far, as this car being my first manual car to drive(and the first car i've ever owned), It has been good to me so far(1500 mi). If you have experience in shifting, the transmission is smooth(except 2nd gear, see below). it also has impressive handling as well. The reliability is, obviously, well-known to be the best out there. the engine was built strong and tough.

AC........ On IT!!!!!!!!
By JON_JON on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Driving the car is an experience.