Used 2004 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (115 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Funtodrive=high
By Yesitsthatgood

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

All around nice balanced car. 1. Power is great 2. Handling is great 3. Doesn't rob you at the gas pump 4. Excellent build quality 5. Very Reliable 6. Great interior/exterior 7. Nice Sound system You'd be hard pressed to find any other car with all those amendities at that price. When I originally test drove the car it didn't do much for me but after the break-in period and learning how to drive...I was like wow!!!

Favorite Features

That i-vtec system because its quite powerful. The seats because they contour around you and the six speed transmission because it's so smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires and bigger swaybars.

Outstanding Vehicle.
By intensecycleboy

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I don't normally review things unless I can speak from a relatively extensive experience. I've had this car for a little over a year, and I accumulated ~25000km on it. I have very little to complain about. It meets and exceeds every single expectation I had when choosing a new vehicle. Fun, economical (with respect to my 2000 Pathfinder ... everything is economical), and of course stylish.

Favorite Features

Build quality (interior and exterior), automatic climate control, 6 disk Bose system, Heated seats and mirrors. Speaking of the seats, they are great! And the general performance.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger/better stereo system (6 disk is great but the sub does very little), lowered/stiffer springs (I did an H&R spring upgrade, and it lowered the vehicle 1.5 inches, and made it stiffer ... also handles much much better.) Better rubber!

Loves to redline!
By Adam

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my Type-S used with 29k miles in 06. 3 years later and now with 83K miles the car still drives great. Very reliable, great on gas, with few bolt ons car will give you a run for its money. I have driven the car hard for 3 years and never gave me any problems.

Favorite Features

Seats, handling for fwd, high revving motor, 6-speed.

Suggested Improvements

leather quality, stereo, height. But I took care of all those things.

57K miles and still love it
By Vince

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car does nothing great, but does everything well. It has enough power to be useable in daily driving, yet it feels like a different car when VTEC kicks in around 6K RPM. Stock it handles well enough, but go aftermarket for serious handling. The interior is good. Nothing in this car requires the owner's manual. Honda has perfected user-friendly interiors. When driven reasonably, I've averaged 34-36 MPG consistently. The chassis has developed some rattles, mainly when the temps are cold. Other than that, the chassis is solid. I had 2nd gear grinds earlier on, but it now only happens when extremely cold. Overall, I love this car and I think it's a great car for the young professional.

Favorite Features

VTEC. Aftermarket support. Drivetrain. Suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Finicky transmission. Long trip comfort (stiff, bouncy and loud). Styling a bit boring. Bluetooth and nav capability.

Love this car!
By anhdao

2004 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned this car for 8 years and loved it. Such a great value for a car with all of the main luxury items you would want. I never had any major mechanical problems and always had fun driving this even though it was a stick and I lived in LA. Had to trade it in for a more family friendly car last year, but still miss driving it!

Favorite Features

Hatchback is great -- lots of space for transporting stuff. 4 seats are pretty decent size for a small car. 6 speed transmission is so fun to drive. Stereo with Bose subwoofer in the trunk is awesome!!

Suggested Improvements

Start making this car again!