2004 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Almost perfect
By Tim on 02/05/09 10:54 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used in 2008 with only 24000 miles. I noticed it gets very good fuel economy at around 35 mpg highway @70mph. The acceleration is moderately quick though the automatic version I have lacks low end punch but I feel a much higher kick above the 3000 RPM range. It handles very well in most situations. Although the inside is more sporty than luxury, that's what is expected. I overall think its better than the majority of its competition and worth a look.

I'll keep mine, thank you!
By charlew on 04/27/08 09:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 4 year lease will end in June of '08, and I plan on keeping this car until it starts to rust. Buy-out is well below the car's value. I thought is was just me w/the quirky 2nd gear, but I see others have noticed it, too. Dependably 320 miles per tank (26-27 mpg in city driving). Super reliability - I had brake pads replaced a week ago, even though the originals still had about 3 months left on them. Could have leased it for 4 years & never changed the brakes. Love the VTEC sound, enjoy the handling, especially when I have the chance to cut loose on a twisty. At 6'4" and 220, I fit comfortably, but nobody ever rides in the back! A few body chirps in the cold,and stereo needs upgraded.

Nice
By Reed on 01/02/08 09:18 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 04 Acura RSX as original owner. I have not had any problems mechanically. Brakes and tires and maintenace is very reliable. I have 66,000 miles to date and wouldnt get rid of it, except its kinda small in the back and a little bored with it. If you like coupes it's great. Dependable. Moderately quick and pretty fun to own.

RSX Fan
By Greg on 08/08/06 09:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I leased my RSX in 2003 as the first Acura I have owned. Knowing their reputation for quality I have been totally pleased with the car. It is so versatile with the hatchback, I have hauled bagged Mulch, Ceramic Tile and just about anything else I needed to carry. It is comfortable on long trips and get great mileage. Apple Tree Acura has been Awesome for service trips too! My only complaint is they are not replacing the RSX with a new version. I am now facing going to a TSX or a Honda brand when my lease is up. Other than that, I love my RSX!

Few Problems
By Lisa on 07/19/06 06:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car a year tomorrow and have had nothing but problems and Acura cannot figure out what is going on with the car. When taking off from a stop it sometimes does not go and act as though it is going to stall out. The car also races RPMs for no reason. I have had the radio replaced in the car 4 times since I have had it as well. I loved my 92 Integra and decided to upgrade but after this 04 purchase I may have to stick with the 92 or change the make of what I purchase. If Acura could fix the problem instead of throwing their hands up, I may consider buying another Acura in the future. Until then I will stick with the 92.

Best car for the money
By Mikey on 06/02/06 20:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Acura RSX !!! I have owned it for about 2 years now and have driven 45k miles with no problems whatsoever. It has good pick up at higher RPM's but lacks torque. The leather interior is much nicer than the standard cloth. With the automatic climate control and the leather seats and my new navigation system (going to be installed this week) this car feels like a luxury vehicle and I only paid 20k for it. Stock stereo system isn't the greatest but car is definitely efficient and fun to drive.

Worthy investment
By Jay on 08/25/05 05:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great performance and reliability. No complaints so far. Far exceeds expectations.

Mostly Impressive
By CharlesC on 06/08/05 01:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. It's economical, reliable and sleek. I have not experienced any problems at all. Smooth transmission and clutch, useful hatchback, and good safety features for the price. Very sold feeling. Cloth seats are seriously awful. Try this car on before you buy... especially if you don't get leather.

Almost perfect
By Super E on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, great on gas, and able to hold my luggage too. This is a great car to travel in. We love the interior layout of the car. Although the torque could be better the over all driving is great. This price is right.

An amazing deal
By Schowtyme on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a little over a month ago and I am so impressed I will probably never stray from Acura in the future. Acura is owned by Honda, and my family owns 3 Civics between them with about 400,000 miles on the cars and none of them have had any major problems. So in purchasing the Acura I felt very comfortable about the quality, but after a month of driving this car I can honestly say it is underpriced. The handling is superb, everything in the interior is well made and it feels like a luxury car for under $20k. The only problem I have noticed so far is that the stereo is not the greatest and the rear seat is a little cramped for an adult.