Used 2004 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Super reliable
By maluchf1

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Owned a base 2004 RSX for 167k and had minimal problems with it. Ownership has been painless and low cost. At 167k the engine is still strong, the transmission (auto) is slowly showing signs of wear but I think it has another 30-40k in it. Just great engineering.

Favorite Features

reliability

Great car!
By anhdao

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I loved everything about this car. I wish I still owned it.

Favorite Features

So fun to drive. Love the 6 speed.

Almost perfect
By Tim

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used in 2008 with only 24000 miles. I noticed it gets very good fuel economy at around 35 mpg highway @70mph. The acceleration is moderately quick though the automatic version I have lacks low end punch but I feel a much higher kick above the 3000 RPM range. It handles very well in most situations. Although the inside is more sporty than luxury, that's what is expected. I overall think its better than the majority of its competition and worth a look.

Favorite Features

Sport shift, interior and exterior design, fuel economy, performance, handling, reliability, build quality, some refinement, feel on smooth pavement, ease of climate control.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked to see more low end torque, a nicer radio, Acura's VSA (vehicle stability control) option and steering wheel controls

I'll keep mine, thank you!
By charlew

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 4 year lease will end in June of '08, and I plan on keeping this car until it starts to rust. Buy-out is well below the car's value. I thought is was just me w/the quirky 2nd gear, but I see others have noticed it, too. Dependably 320 miles per tank (26-27 mpg in city driving). Super reliability - I had brake pads replaced a week ago, even though the originals still had about 3 months left on them. Could have leased it for 4 years & never changed the brakes. Love the VTEC sound, enjoy the handling, especially when I have the chance to cut loose on a twisty. At 6'4" and 220, I fit comfortably, but nobody ever rides in the back! A few body chirps in the cold,and stereo needs upgraded.

Favorite Features

Reliability! Also, 10-14 days between fill-ups is very nice these days. After 4 years, still fun to drive - best handling car I've owned. 5 speed is a must to get the most from the VTEC, plus it saves the brakes.

Suggested Improvements

A little more insulation in the body to cut down road noise, and a higher quality stereo. I'll be taking care of the radio/CD with aftermarket products once I buy out the lease.

Nice
By Reed

2004 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 04 Acura RSX as original owner. I have not had any problems mechanically. Brakes and tires and maintenace is very reliable. I have 66,000 miles to date and wouldnt get rid of it, except its kinda small in the back and a little bored with it. If you like coupes it's great. Dependable. Moderately quick and pretty fun to own.

Favorite Features

The interior lights, the tip-tronic transmission, the gas mileage is good. Honestly the best part is the reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Cramped back seats.