Used 2004 Acura RSX Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Almost perfect
By Tim

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used in 2008 with only 24000 miles. I noticed it gets very good fuel economy at around 35 mpg highway @70mph. The acceleration is moderately quick though the automatic version I have lacks low end punch but I feel a much higher kick above the 3000 RPM range. It handles very well in most situations. Although the inside is more sporty than luxury, that's what is expected. I overall think its better than the majority of its competition and worth a look.

Favorite Features

Sport shift, interior and exterior design, fuel economy, performance, handling, reliability, build quality, some refinement, feel on smooth pavement, ease of climate control.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked to see more low end torque, a nicer radio, Acura's VSA (vehicle stability control) option and steering wheel controls

I'll keep mine, thank you!
By charlew

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 4 year lease will end in June of '08, and I plan on keeping this car until it starts to rust. Buy-out is well below the car's value. I thought is was just me w/the quirky 2nd gear, but I see others have noticed it, too. Dependably 320 miles per tank (26-27 mpg in city driving). Super reliability - I had brake pads replaced a week ago, even though the originals still had about 3 months left on them. Could have leased it for 4 years & never changed the brakes. Love the VTEC sound, enjoy the handling, especially when I have the chance to cut loose on a twisty. At 6'4" and 220, I fit comfortably, but nobody ever rides in the back! A few body chirps in the cold,and stereo needs upgraded.

Favorite Features

Reliability! Also, 10-14 days between fill-ups is very nice these days. After 4 years, still fun to drive - best handling car I've owned. 5 speed is a must to get the most from the VTEC, plus it saves the brakes.

Suggested Improvements

A little more insulation in the body to cut down road noise, and a higher quality stereo. I'll be taking care of the radio/CD with aftermarket products once I buy out the lease.

Nice
By Reed

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 04 Acura RSX as original owner. I have not had any problems mechanically. Brakes and tires and maintenace is very reliable. I have 66,000 miles to date and wouldnt get rid of it, except its kinda small in the back and a little bored with it. If you like coupes it's great. Dependable. Moderately quick and pretty fun to own.

Favorite Features

The interior lights, the tip-tronic transmission, the gas mileage is good. Honestly the best part is the reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Cramped back seats.

RSX Fan
By Greg

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I leased my RSX in 2003 as the first Acura I have owned. Knowing their reputation for quality I have been totally pleased with the car. It is so versatile with the hatchback, I have hauled bagged Mulch, Ceramic Tile and just about anything else I needed to carry. It is comfortable on long trips and get great mileage. Apple Tree Acura has been Awesome for service trips too! My only complaint is they are not replacing the RSX with a new version. I am now facing going to a TSX or a Honda brand when my lease is up. Other than that, I love my RSX!

Favorite Features

The Hatchback versatilty.

Suggested Improvements

Don't drop the RSX, replace it with a new one.

Few Problems
By Lisa

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car a year tomorrow and have had nothing but problems and Acura cannot figure out what is going on with the car. When taking off from a stop it sometimes does not go and act as though it is going to stall out. The car also races RPMs for no reason. I have had the radio replaced in the car 4 times since I have had it as well. I loved my 92 Integra and decided to upgrade but after this 04 purchase I may have to stick with the 92 or change the make of what I purchase. If Acura could fix the problem instead of throwing their hands up, I may consider buying another Acura in the future. Until then I will stick with the 92.

Favorite Features

Love the appearance as well as the speed when the car is not acting up.

Suggested Improvements

Acura fix the problems of the car when it is under warranty. Have XM Radio integrated in the car.