2004 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Super reliable
By maluchf1 on 11/28/13 11:16 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Owned a base 2004 RSX for 167k and had minimal problems with it. Ownership has been painless and low cost. At 167k the engine is still strong, the transmission (auto) is slowly showing signs of wear but I think it has another 30-40k in it. Just great engineering.

Great car!
By anhdao on 12/06/12 16:01 PM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I loved everything about this car. I wish I still owned it.

Love this car!
By anhdao on 06/06/12 16:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned this car for 8 years and loved it. Such a great value for a car with all of the main luxury items you would want. I never had any major mechanical problems and always had fun driving this even though it was a stick and I lived in LA. Had to trade it in for a more family friendly car last year, but still miss driving it!

Mistake to stop producing RSX's!
By ratty on 05/11/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This has been a great car, very reliable, fun to drive! Don't know why Acura stopped making this model? Would buy another in a flash.

Loves to redline!
By Adam on 12/07/09 10:13 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my Type-S used with 29k miles in 06. 3 years later and now with 83K miles the car still drives great. Very reliable, great on gas, with few bolt ons car will give you a run for its money. I have driven the car hard for 3 years and never gave me any problems.

Almost perfect
By Tim on 02/05/09 10:54 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used in 2008 with only 24000 miles. I noticed it gets very good fuel economy at around 35 mpg highway @70mph. The acceleration is moderately quick though the automatic version I have lacks low end punch but I feel a much higher kick above the 3000 RPM range. It handles very well in most situations. Although the inside is more sporty than luxury, that's what is expected. I overall think its better than the majority of its competition and worth a look.

Tranny problems
By hondalover on 09/30/08 07:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned Hondas all my life, every version of the Civic or Integra imaginable. This RSX Type S was very disappointing. The 6 speed transmission was a major problem for me, and I brought it back to the dealer several times. These cars notoriously grind 2nd and 3rd gears, and when I brought it back to the dealer they claimed that they could not "replicate the problem" Engine is awesome, suspension is killer, but the tranny is a huge problem! Beware when you purchase!

I'll keep mine, thank you!
By charlew on 04/27/08 09:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 4 year lease will end in June of '08, and I plan on keeping this car until it starts to rust. Buy-out is well below the car's value. I thought is was just me w/the quirky 2nd gear, but I see others have noticed it, too. Dependably 320 miles per tank (26-27 mpg in city driving). Super reliability - I had brake pads replaced a week ago, even though the originals still had about 3 months left on them. Could have leased it for 4 years & never changed the brakes. Love the VTEC sound, enjoy the handling, especially when I have the chance to cut loose on a twisty. At 6'4" and 220, I fit comfortably, but nobody ever rides in the back! A few body chirps in the cold,and stereo needs upgraded.

Nice
By Reed on 01/02/08 09:18 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 04 Acura RSX as original owner. I have not had any problems mechanically. Brakes and tires and maintenace is very reliable. I have 66,000 miles to date and wouldnt get rid of it, except its kinda small in the back and a little bored with it. If you like coupes it's great. Dependable. Moderately quick and pretty fun to own.

Overall, a great little car
By Vince on 11/30/07 05:26 AM (PST)

2004 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

For those reviewers complaining about the lack of luxury features, realize what kind of car this is supposed to be. This was Acura's entry level car, not their flagship. About the tranny, I know many other sport compacts that have the same tranny issues. After 3 years, I still love this car. In stock form, it's pretty bland, but I've taken care of that. Performance is so so if you don't hit the hot cam, but handling is above average. The rear can get pretty nervous when the roads get rough. This is NOT a long haul vehicle and not the greatest for city and/or bumper to bumper. The stock stereo is pretty weak. If u don't go crazy, 34 MPG is easily attainable. Overall, this is a good car.