Best Sport Compact Car in its Class
By JayJayPG on
2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I've owned my 03 Type S for over 6 years and will most likely be keeping this car for another 6+ years. It really is the best all around FWD sport compact car out there. I always get complements on it's appearance due to the A-Spec package mine was installed with from the factory (body kit, rear wing, aluminum shift knob, sport suspension, 17" wheels). I have never had a major mechanical problem with this car and it still drives like it did 6 years/50,000 miles ago. The only issue I have ever had with my RSX- S is a squeaky/notchy clutch pedal (which is easily remedied by spraying white lithium grease on the master cylinder pushrod).
Favorite Features
Interior styling, exterior styling (especially with the A-Spec package!), dependability, easy/afforadable to maintain/repair, numerous aftermarket performance parts available, high- revving K20A2 motor. Very cheap to own and fun to drive!
Suggested Improvements
Stock Michelin tires are horrible (every RSX owner will tell you this). Shifting is not as smooth as other manual transmissions I have driven (Eclipse, WRX, Accord). Seats are hard as a rock. The dash rattles in cold weather (but goes away if you close all the vents and blast the heat).