Head and Heart both Love It
By Beltway Driver on
2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I bought my RSX Type-S in September 2003 as a commuting car for a daily drive around the Washington beltway, and it's helped me survive the area's brutal driving conditions in style. The car is a great value in purchase price, in gas mileage and in the low operating costs/perfect reliability. At the same time I still get a seat-of-the pants thrill every time I rev it up to merge onto the highway or whip around a curve. I looked at many other cars before buying; none compared in style and driving pleasure in this price range. Road noise and stiff seats are a small tradeoff I'm happy to make for this much sport-driving pleasure.
Favorite Features
Acura's "everything comes standard" policy, great-feeling stick shift, red dash lights, plenty of power outlets for added audio equipment (iPod, XM radio), hatchback (I can get amazing amounts of stuff in my car!)
Suggested Improvements
Occasional buzz shifting into third gear is a departure from the silky shift I normally feel; I still miss the center armrest; big blind spot requires careful checking before lane changes; heated seats would be nice!