2003 Acura RSX Consumer Review: Don't take it to the mountains

2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Review

Don't take it to the mountains
By Mustard on

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My radiator blew half way up Pike's Peak highway during a vacation to Colorado. My RSX was only 5 months old. We had to have it towed down the mountain and to a local dealership. It was fixed, but not before half of our trip was ruined. The worst experience was trying to deal with the Acura Roadside Assistance people to get reimbursed for some of our travel losses. After speaking to several people, none of whom cared, and writing a long letter detailing my experience, I finally received a short response that said little more than "go to hell". The car has been adequate since, but this experience will keep me from buying another one.

The look, the red dashboard lights, the sport shifter, and gas mileage.

bumpy ride, occasional rotten egg smell coming from vents (explained as having to do with the low emissions feature), and lack of pickup and sometimes stalling when I first start it after being idle for awhile (only happens when it's hot outside).