2003 Acura RSX Consumer Review: Amazing, but could be rounded

2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Review

Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Amazing, but could be rounded out more
By John on

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this vehicle for about 23 months now and I drive about 2000 miles per month. My driving is about 1/2 city and 1/2 freeway and I've taken it on some longer road trips also. It has great gas mileage, great acceleration and tight steering and suspension. The seats definitely get uncomfortable, but they also let you feel the road in a sporty way. After the first few hundred miles, I thought the 6-speed transmission was broken, but it turns out that Acura just makes 'em "different". Third gear is a little odd (you'll probably grind it from time to time, even if you're very experienced). The BOSE sound system is nothing special compared to other luxury sound systems.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, tight and sporty steering and suspension. Quick acceleration. Extremely low and predictable operating costs - maintenance on this thing is CHEAP and nothing has ever broken (except for a headlight that was only working from time to time until it was replaced.)

Suggested Improvements

Lots of road noise gets tiring quickly. Seats could be a little more comfortable, and for an Acura one would generally expect power and heated seats which would be a nice improvement. Would also like to see HID lighting and a GPS navigation option.