A great little car
By mjl73187 on
2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
This is truly a little gem of a car. I've had mine for over four years, put almost 50,000 miles on it, driven it three times round-trip from Connecticut to Arkansas, driven it around the mean streets of Brooklyn. It never lets me down. I've driven it at 80+ mph with all my worldly possessions (including an antique desk) crammed in the back and STILL gotten 34 mpg. I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, unless I need something with four doors.
Favorite Features
I have never, not once, driven a car with a sharper transmission. The handling is alive and responsive. The seats are comfortable; there's great visibility out. How can a car be both the perfect roadtrip car AND the perfect city car? It looks good in an unpretentious way: doesn't stick out in good neighborhoods or bad ones. Easy to park. The interior is high-quality and the gauges look great at night.
Suggested Improvements
Turning radius (short nose with a transversely-mounted engine) is no good for such a small car. It's not as quiet on the highway as most luxury cars or even more modern small cars. It's not slow, but it's not fast, either. You don't need the Type-S, but you want the Type-S. The backseat is a dungeon unless you are a double amputee with no head. There's nothing clever or delightful about the interior except a cupholder cover that doubles as a change-holder.