Used 2003 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

I LOVE MY RSX!!!!
By Megster

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

After looking into Celicas, Eclipses, Civics, and RSX's, I finally chose the RSX. This car has been the best car I have ever had! It is quick, sporty, and extremely reliable and fuel efficient. I have had absolutely NO trouble with my RSX, and have found Acura's customer service excellent.

The interior of the RSX is very stylish, as well as the outside. All of the gauges, knobs, etc. are really easy to access and look cool.

Maybe a little more backseat room.

Best Car Yet
By JoeRSX

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Magnificant car!! I've had 2 Honda's, an Integra GSR and a Subaru and this is by far the best car I've ever owned. Honda/Acura is famous for it's quality but this takes it to a new height. Every dial, switch, and button is perfect. The transmission is smooth and precise. No matter how fast your going, the car want's to go faster. I've never driven a car with as stable and confident ride. I seems to steer itself.

Too many to list all - everything is fantastic but if I had to, the combination of a perfect transmission and excellent power make this car extremely fun to drive.

The only tiny complaint I might have is that if you hit a bump in the middle of a sharp turn, the car gets a little unstable but on the whole the handling is fantastic. The car drives itself - you need almost no effort to take it though the hardest turns.

Don't take it to the mountains
By Mustard

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My radiator blew half way up Pike's Peak highway during a vacation to Colorado. My RSX was only 5 months old. We had to have it towed down the mountain and to a local dealership. It was fixed, but not before half of our trip was ruined. The worst experience was trying to deal with the Acura Roadside Assistance people to get reimbursed for some of our travel losses. After speaking to several people, none of whom cared, and writing a long letter detailing my experience, I finally received a short response that said little more than "go to hell". The car has been adequate since, but this experience will keep me from buying another one.

The look, the red dashboard lights, the sport shifter, and gas mileage.

bumpy ride, occasional rotten egg smell coming from vents (explained as having to do with the low emissions feature), and lack of pickup and sometimes stalling when I first start it after being idle for awhile (only happens when it's hot outside).

Great car, fun to drive
By avprogramer

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

More torque will be nice.

Handling

Type R

excellent in all areas
By Marwin

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I was not prepared to feel the power of the IVtech engine. The long distance drives are more fun with the BOSE stereo system. My last car was a Camaro.

• SUV