2003 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (123 reviews )
Type-S 12k miles
By Tollu on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very very fun car to drive. Very positive reaction from the ladies.

ehhhh
By GokoolRSX on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After owning the car for a year, I am not as happy as when I first owned the car. First thing, the ride is harsh, noisy, it's not a great car to drive on long trips. The leather is cracking especially on the driver seats even after taking care of the leather. The door panels have a cheap feel to it, reminds me of other makes. No arm rest, not impressive sound system, lack of mid-range power, major problem with blind spots, stiff steering, and notchy shift gates, uncomfortable seats, cheap feel leather, dashboard rattling, and just about the worst tires you can put on a high performance car

perfection
By big diesel on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

ive been looking around for a new car for a year. I drove my primos wrx, it was fast but the interior was plain and i didnt like the gear box.tibron, please,..gti...not a chance..than i drove the type s...crisp six speed gear box, nice interior, good gas mlge, great price and of course dependable. It maybe a lil noisey, hey dudes its a sports car, not a cadillac..stop crying.

Type S - Happy So Far
By RobE on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Previous car was a 99 Integra GSR, and this car is a huge improvement. Really feels and drives like a sports car in comparison to the GSR. Test drove the Celica GTS and GTI VR6 - both nice cars, but I think I made the right choice and every review I've read confirms that.

tbone
By tpfanne on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great handling, fun to drive

Nothing Better
By Matty RSX on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The most gorgeous car in creation, period.

dissapointed
By boffman on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

ergonomics of this car become more annoying the longer you own it. the grey rims are ugly. you get used to the performance and bored very quickly. not a great tourer for long trips to the beach. no arm rest gets to be nuisance after the novelty of a new car wears off. i am trading it in for a 320 kompressor coupe.

Good, but not all that!
By Dex on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car is well built but as a performance car it falls short. The handling is above average, the shifter is phenomenal, but the power/torque just isn't there. Having nearly an 8000 RPM redline is great if it would just pull strongly to it. The engine revs so freely that it makes you feel like you should be going faster than you are. The ergonomics are great except for the speedometer; it needs to be in 10 MPH increments instead of 20. And how they built a car at this price without a center armrest is beyond me. Overall it's not bad but I should have looked harder at a Mazda 6 or Toyota Celica.

ArcticBluePearl
By USMGRAD on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my RSX Type-S about a week ago and I love it. The style, the performance, the color, the acceleration, the drive are all awesome. I'm excited about driving it each time I get in it. Those of you purchasing one or have purchased one, ENJOY!!

Be Forewarned
By Used to Love Acura on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I loved my 1996 Integra. It was comfortable, zippy, and most of all a dependable quality car. I purchased an RSX TypeS to replace the Integra expecting the same quality. Don't assume the Acura name guarantees quality. I know the TypeS suspension is 'tighter' than the Integra, but there is no excuse for the terribly rough ride. Plus, the interior rattles and squeaks override any joy received from driving the sharp little fun car. I have had the struts replaced and three trips to the shop to quiet the rattles. Just been told I need to tear out the transmission to replace gear sensors. Not the best experience for a car I have had a mere six months!