Used 2003 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Good entry-level sports car
By retrpostage

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The good: acceleration, reliability, tight suspension. The bad: audio system, road noise. The ugly: insurance rates. This is a remarkable car. The S- type is a better sports car, but less practical if you live in an urban center. Tall 3rd gear is a lifesaver during rush hour. It’s a good car to learn or refine your manual driving skills. “Precise” is the keyword for a RSX. Because this car is marketed to the 20 something crowd, insurance rates are high (if you’re under 25, expect your monthly insurance rate to be half of your car payment). Visit an RSX forum to hunt for a good dealer. Overall, no car comes close the RSX for the price.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, reliablity, tight suspension

Suggested Improvements

None so far, maybe manufacturer's recommended fuel should be changed to 89 octane, instead of 87. Car feels sluggish with 87.

Nice Car
By Sean's 1st car

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Let's be honest it is a 20,000 dollar car so it is not going to come near something like a porsche or lamborgini. That being said, the rsx destroys almost all it's competion, the only thing that comes close (in it's price range) is an RX8 and it loses. THis car is extremely responsive fun and to top it out gets great milage. If your looking for a car in this price range look no further

Favorite Features

Console geared to driver. Looks interior and exterior. Seats, and Hatchback versitility.

Suggested Improvements

none come to mind

GO Girl.
By banshi

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love the suspension and horse power. The car was worth waiting for to get the color I wanted which was the blue RSX. Buying it through the Fleet dealer was the only way I would go. The stick shifts fast and is set square to the car so I never scratch gears! The airbags in the side of the seats are measured to the wieght of the passanger. They work or the light on the dash will set and tell you disabled. Great Coupe.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the tires that come standard and the cd player. The sound is loud with stock speakers. I love the short shift stick. Getting GPS 2000 or the security alarm that calls you when your alarm goes off would be worth it.

Suggested Improvements

I would only improve an option to get xm radio. I end up taking my car everywhere because it is so fun to drive with the windows down and sunroof open. The kids I babysit in the back seat won't tell me that my radio is fuzzy with xm radio because they are used to the xm.

rsx rocks
By carmelo toledo jr

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

if your looking for a fun car this is the car that your looking for. it has it all style , class, fast. i love and wouldn't trade it in for nothing!!!!

Don't take it to the mountains
By Mustard

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My radiator blew half way up Pike's Peak highway during a vacation to Colorado. My RSX was only 5 months old. We had to have it towed down the mountain and to a local dealership. It was fixed, but not before half of our trip was ruined. The worst experience was trying to deal with the Acura Roadside Assistance people to get reimbursed for some of our travel losses. After speaking to several people, none of whom cared, and writing a long letter detailing my experience, I finally received a short response that said little more than "go to hell". The car has been adequate since, but this experience will keep me from buying another one.

Favorite Features

The look, the red dashboard lights, the sport shifter, and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

bumpy ride, occasional rotten egg smell coming from vents (explained as having to do with the low emissions feature), and lack of pickup and sometimes stalling when I first start it after being idle for awhile (only happens when it's hot outside).