2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (123 reviews )
Best Car for the money
By Thunderek on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am so pleased with my rsx. I was never too into cars, but i knew i wanted performance, luxury, advanced features for a great price. It was the first new car i ever bought. The shifter is like butter, speed is great, did great in the winter here in buffalo too. Sound system is great. If i had a quirk with it, id say the seats could use for comfort. But it is a sports car.

Junk Tranny
By ezputt on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Out of the door the tranmission would grind, had it back in shop within 250 miles, told that transmission needed to be broken in. 2600 miles, transmission is being replaced. Car squeaks and creaks like my 94 Ranger.

pweeri
By perro on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

this car is excelent

a real sports car
By armo on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love my type-S. This car is not for everybody. It's engine is buzzy, the suspension is stiff, and the gear ratios are very close. This is a real sports car. The Bose system sounds great, I don't know why there are so many negative reviews about it. Interior controls are high quality, and it get great fuel economy (I get 28mpg combined). The best thing about my car is the engine and transmission combo. Can't beat the beautiful engine sound teamed with such a smooth and sporty 6 spd.

2003 Type S
By S^S on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I felt the type S was the best combination of practicality (FWD, hatchback, MPG) and fun available for a reasonable price. The engine is smooth and revs like a sport bike, but makes no torque. Power is: Econo car <3000, Adaquate 3000-6000, Small Block 6000- 8000. Sounds fantastic when approaching red line, but can get tiresome on long trips. I'm getting 26- 30 mpg while driving it hard. Great trans except it grinds going into 2nd when cold and shifted quickly. Interior is ergonomically near perfect with superb sport seats and 3 spoke wheel. Good feel to steering with sharp turn-in, but brakes are a little soft.

Great Car, Fun to drive
By Luvmyrsx on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car. I can't wait to wake up every day to drive it, and I have had it almost 2 years! I usually trade my cars in every year, and there still is nothing even close to this one so I am keeping it even longer!

Better Than Ever Possible!
By Russcom87 on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Awesome car, awesome at everything. At a great price too.

Covers The Bases
By pdean on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love the car. It combines the practicality of the hatchback, good gas milage and moderate price with the prestige of the Acura Name and a great ride to the office.

Noise
By P Bart on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very happy with vehicle. One problem, at 140km/hr(85mph)a low frequency noise eminates from somewhere on the drivers side of vehicle. It is not a constant noise but intermitent. The dealer thinks it's wind noise, but it sure doesn't sound like it because it is not high pitched. Has anyone had this problem. Thanks

amazine
By mike saasa on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this car is reliable and you will never get board of drining it its 200 hp engine is hella strong. and with full skirt pacage and high spoiler the car looks outstanding from the outside. not to mention a bose stereo system and subwoff.great leather and the 6 speed trany is fun to. this car is a 20 0n a scale of 1-10. for the money and its class the acura rsx type S is THE BEST ........GO PICK ONE UP YOU WONT BELIVE THE FUN YOU WILL HAVE...THE CHICKS LIKE IT TO.