2003 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Every time
By dan man on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have you every owned something that was an absolute joy every single time you used it? For most of us, without a fat bankroll, this is not usually the case. For me this was true until I had this car. The RSX is a dream come true and whenever I drive another car it's a bummer.

The truth
By bt2000 on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought an RSX premium. I'm satisfied with the comfort and the sportiness. Leather, heated seats and AC system are really usefull/good. My friends all like it. The car is easy to park. Some friends comment on the lack of base in the sound system, the difficulty of access and the lack of head room in the back seats (oh well). The engine purrs nicely, the AT trans. seems to shift at 3000+rpm meening accel is not that fast. In TripManual it's better but still not amazingly fast off the mark. maybe I'm expacting too much from a 4 cyl. Other than those little things, everything kicks ass in the RSX.

The Greatest
By ashley052688 on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is the best car you could own!

Stereo and Sound is The Weak Point
By Hectoman1 on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I love driving a car that is uncommon. Was going to get a Civic or an Accord like everyone else, but thought I deserved better. This is a fun car. People check it out at the stop lights. Only 3 minor complaints: Stereo, Armrests, and Seat Comfort could be better.

Great car!!
By Rob121 on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really ejoy this car because it has clean lines and is great on gas.

Fun to drive, reliable, great car!
By Ryanoby on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I drove a lot of cars in this price range before deciding on the RSX. You get so much more car for the price, you can't beat it! Of the two doors out there, the Eclipse and the Celica are the only real competition - both are much more expensive. The Ecliipse has questionable quality and the Celica is a little too stylistic for my taste! I also drove the new Accord coupe - which completely lacked the sporting character of the RSX. All is all, I couldn't be happier.

Satisfied
By jpcarvaj on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car around for less than 22K. The VW GTI is a good contestant but the platform is getting old and boring, the Celica is a girly car and the Tiburon lacks reliability. If you are planning to buy this car you're making the smart choice. A good advice will be to test drive first the 5 speed manual, then the automatic, and finally the Type-S.

Great Car
By bernuler on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I set out to buy a replacement for my 87 Integra, which itself had been a great car. Test drove MB C230K, Celica GT, & RSX-S but chose RSX as best overall for engineering, performance, ride, build quality, fuel economy and purchase value. I loved my 87 Integra, so naturally I make comparisions. The RSX weighs 400 lbs more, has a 25% larger engine and gets the same gas mileage (32 mpg average), amazing. The exterior stying is a plus but the interior shows some negatives relative to the Integra. In spite of the longer wheel base and body, access to and comfort in the rear seat is poor. Road noise is worse, I believe due to the cloth cover over the hatch area.

Love This Car!
By Desert Silver on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought 2 weeks ago, love my new car. i've been planning my car purchase for 10 months now. Looked at almost every car under 25K, and this was far and away the best car in its class. A comparably equipped Celica is thousands more, I don't like the exterior look of the WRX, and Mitsubishi Eclipses are more expensive and aren't exactly known for reliability. I did my homework and got the car for 200 hundred over invoice (Base model). Unlike some others, I love the exterior styling of the car. The interior is awesome, made with high- quality materials. Auto-Climate Control is nice added touch. Highly recommended!

Great car
By Jools109 on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I switched from lifelong ownership of GM vehicles to the foreign market just for a change of pace. I don't believe I will be going back ever again. I have never been more pleased with a car, it's value, or the general ownership experience ever.