Used 2003 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Great car but a little bumpy
By Automatic

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle because of it's reputation. However, I felt a little disappointed with only two things; City Gas mileage and the bumpy ride. The suspension is great but the shocks are bouncing you all over the place. It's a little nerve racking. Other than that I have to say the car is excellent. Enough storage space and the controls are within reach. Keep in mind this is not really a racing car its a sporty look and feel but it's not going to take you from 0- 60 anytime quick, unless you step on it and suck all the gas out of your tank. Which bring me to the next point of gasoline. It doesn't have good gas mileage in the city but the highway it's great.

Favorite Features

The stylish look, storage capacity and comfort. Triptronic automatic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Better shock and armrest desired.

Full Obsessed Customer Review
By Paula

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Gorgeous, classy, sports car! Definitely worth the money if you have it, can be pricey though (gas + payments). Can race and blow others out on the highway. Is discouraging to drive in cities where there are tons of stop lights. Small and compact, but still seems to fit all my stuff in it. Friends are little squished in backseat. Haven't had any under the hood problems with it yet (at 36k). The leather does have to be taken care of because it is stretched tight and wears out in spots. Not a big deal though. Best clutch-smooth shifting. Good in the snow (for Colorado). Side air bag for passenger automatically shuts off for small kids in front seat. Fold down back seats to trunk. Lumbar support on/off

Favorite Features

In-dash 6 CD changer + sub sits in spare tire-more trunk room and still sounds good. leather interior and the seats because they are good for holding you in on sharp turns and not as cold as other cars in winter. Cup holders fit almost every size. Hepa filter + ABS + auto temp are great too.

Suggested Improvements

Get the heated seats like Canada's RSX, add a bit more torque just for the 0-25 MPH, and better gas mileage. Bigger sunroof and glove compartment. Some rock chipping in the front. '05 front headlights look like civics. Quieter automatic lock horn. V6 engine + turbo? compass+ temp? All nit-picking...

Acura is accurate
By Bryan

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Honda civic which I loved, especially the gas mileage. after an accident, i decided to purchase a "03 Acura RSX that was traded into my dealership. I save some money buying used, and so far, no regrets. This car is fun to drive, fun to look at, and fun to personalize. This is my first Acura, and I've owned 2 Hondas. I definetly recommend this car. The only downside is the fuel economy. Not the best, I average about 250 miles to a full tank using supreme. I think my tank is 11 gallons, and even though i drive fast at times, the gas goes quick.

Favorite Features

I love the tiptronic transmission, the power roof, and the folding rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the fuel economy, and make the car more user friendly for novice mechanics. what a nightmare just to change a headlight bulb!

almost 2 years
By acura owner

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

excellent investment overall...i used to own a '94 integra 4-dr before the rsx, and i absolutely loved it too, which is why i decided to get another acura...reliability...

Favorite Features

everything about the interior! fun to seen in.

Suggested Improvements

limited/obstructed viewing from driver's seat to rear right side of car....you'd have to get used to it...could also use more padding in the leather seats...also something you'd have to get used to, because the ride felt so bumpy during the beginning days, i literally used to get headaches.

Nice, but you'll want more
By minus9

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a sporty 2-door and the RSX was the nicest. It beat the Celica, the Civic Si, the Tiburon, etc. You get Honda reliability. You get great milage. But after a year, the car rattles like crazy and I wish that I had more power and more smoothness. Save up and get the Infinity G35 and you'll be happier in the long run. You'll soon outgrow the 2-doors and wish for more space if this is your only car.

Favorite Features

Fast, sporty look. Great handling. No pricy options, everything is standard.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality materials to lessen the noise and keep the rattles at bay. A little more power lower in the revs would be helpful. Better leather.