2003 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (123 reviews )
awesome car
By sistomofadann on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

its awesome fast and lots of fun;plus the girlies love it

More Bang 4 The $
By geofkent on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My last performance car was a BMW Z3. It proved to be too impracticle for most purposes so it had to go. I wanted to find a car with the same performance but usable interior and trunk space. Well, I found it! The engine, transmission (6speed) and brakes/suspension are all world-class. Plus, you can actually haul stuff with it. Lot's of stuff. Oh, buy the way did I mention? It runs like it looks...FANTASTIC!

The best car I've owned
By MattsRSX on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was in the market for a new car because my 98 Audi A4 1.8T was dying at 86,000 miles. Another A4 was tempting but too expensive and unreliable. I wanted something fast, fun and somewhat practical. I was flipping through a magazine when I came accross the RSX Type S. 200 hp 2.0 liter engine, 6 speed tranny, Car and Driver 10Best. Wait a sec...this car is only $23k! I picked up my Artic Blue Pearl RSX Type S on Friday, June 27th and I am in love. I can get 30 mpg and still smoke a V8 Mustang.

Not as good as you think...
By Shemy on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in Jan. 2003 after crashing my Beetle earlier that month. I chose the RSX-S because of it's performance. I was very disapointed with 4 things: the first is that the gas mileage isn't true, the second is that after 5000 miles of driving it doesn't grip to the road as good as it did when I purchased it, the third is that the insurance is too high for this vehicle & last but not least, if Acura was smart they would put another 20 lbs of tourque for better peeling power with less RPM.

Midnight Maraurder
By CJ Majesty on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car takes corners effortlessly, it has decent amount of power on tap, silky smooth transmission the seats are comfortable & supportive. The ride is comfortable .........until you hit a bump, Steering is firm & direct. The car feels very stable at high speeds. The Bose sound system is not as bad as people say it is depending on the quality of the CD & the signal strenth of the radio. I find that visablity in the rear is blocked by the C-Pillar. But overall best car i ever had.

Tremendous Value
By RSXman on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Before purchasing this car, I drove and considered the following: Eclipse GT, Celica GT-S, Volkswagen GTI, Honda Civic, Honda Accord Coupe, Pontiac Grand AM GT1. The Acura is so far above these other cars in every way, I'm still amazed. The build quality is astounding, the materials used inside are very nice, not just cheap plastic. Buying experience very easy, there are no options other than useless crap you buy at the dealer, so finding the right one is easy. If you're looking for a car with NO compromises, this is the one. Very fast, handles extremely well, lacks no features, and still gets almost 30MPG in the city.

All around great car
By khuang on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. Had it for more then 2 months now. I did a lot of research and it's the best car in it's class. I could have chosen Celica or WRX but the best car for me was definitely RSX Type- S. I think Celica GT-S looks better but cost more with same options as RSX. WRX is more practical and faster but i don't like the styling, and don't need the added complications of AWD and a Turbo. I ended up with RSX because it's fun to drive, handles great, relatively luxurious, gets good gas mileage, and has a very reasonable price.

I love this car
By Greg_W on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I recently was a owner of the new nissan 350z but sold it due to the high insurance on it and gas, so I wanted a car that was resonable on gas and insurance but yet sporty. I looked at many cars but now I found as intresting as the rsx. The biggest reason was it was a really fun car to drive and it felt really fast. Ever since I purchased it I loved everything about even the 7,900 rpm red line.

bang for the buck
By madjoe on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i am a master auto tech and this is by far the most fun car i've driven in 10 12 years of driving.the shifting is effortless and it handles like a M3 but half the price. all i have to say is 100 H.P. per liter naturally aspirated.unreal if everyone could do that the morning commute would be a pole position. go drive one and see for yourself. P.S. chicks are drawn to this one.

Just plain AWESOME!
By Omi Oh My on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After drooling over the pictures in the brochure and staring at every other RSX on the road, I finally got my own beautiful Arctic Blue Pearl Type-S. This car is incredible. The interior is classy and refined, and the exterior a joy to look at. The ride and performance are excellent, made all the more enjoyable by the sound of the exhaust. For the money, there is no better alternative.