Used 2003 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Best Car Ever
By adamco44

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first of many Acura purchases. I love this car. I moved down from a GMC Yukon, and this car is so sharp in the turns with no body roll.

The wheels are great for stock.

It has poor radio reception. Needs some kind of armrest.

A car that doesnt loose its value easily
By Leo

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have posessed this vehicle for more than a year now and all I can says that there isnt anyday that I could tell myself that I dont feel like driving. It has the most amazing pickup which I can always feel as I can see the cars left behind when I take off . Fuel efficient and also the feeling to be the top dog of possessing Acura the higest brand car of Honda

Pickup speed, Fuel Efficient, Sharp looks

None its just too perfect

Head and Heart both Love It
By Beltway Driver

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my RSX Type-S in September 2003 as a commuting car for a daily drive around the Washington beltway, and it's helped me survive the area's brutal driving conditions in style. The car is a great value in purchase price, in gas mileage and in the low operating costs/perfect reliability. At the same time I still get a seat-of-the pants thrill every time I rev it up to merge onto the highway or whip around a curve. I looked at many other cars before buying; none compared in style and driving pleasure in this price range. Road noise and stiff seats are a small tradeoff I'm happy to make for this much sport-driving pleasure.

Acura's "everything comes standard" policy, great-feeling stick shift, red dash lights, plenty of power outlets for added audio equipment (iPod, XM radio), hatchback (I can get amazing amounts of stuff in my car!)

Occasional buzz shifting into third gear is a departure from the silky shift I normally feel; I still miss the center armrest; big blind spot requires careful checking before lane changes; heated seats would be nice!

Acura RSX - Transmission Issues
By Scott

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like everything about this car, except for the transmission. The 5 speed grinds often in 2nd and 3rd gear, and over 1900 people have signed a petition regarding this. Honda blames the driver...most of whom have been driving sticks for years. And no other manufacture seems to have a website dedicated to this problem. 3 Trips to the dealer and nothing has been done to fix or improve the problem. They have also not fixed my side airbag light that comes on and stays on more and more often. The Acura rep was rude and insulting of my shifting. The fun to drive factor is gone.

Versitile - Engine

Redesign transmission, clutch, clutch linkage, or whatever is causing thousands of owners to have shifting problems.

Growing Out of My RSX
By luotodm

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I found a brand new 2003 still in the showroom in July 2004. Dealer took $4k off, and I couldn't pass it up. Absolute blast to drive on curvey roads and highways alike. Suspension is tight (but bumpy at times), and enough power to pass anyone. Hatchback with folding seats has been life-saver. The clutch requires extra leg-work and can give you a cramp after awhile. Also you have to get the clutch all the way to the floor, no room for mistakes, or you'll grind gears. Get the auto if doing a lot of stop-and-go. Had trouble with my starter, and was replaced after 4th visit. Perfect car for recent grad. But I need more cargo space, and 4 doors would be nice.

Power, good looks, sunroof. Lots of cargo space with seats down. Real fun to drive, and has a little bit of functionality

Get a lighter clutch feel, Put an armrest/storage space between front seat. The footwell of the front passenger seat is awkward, it's hard to fit your feet in just right.