Used 2003 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Acura RSX - Transmission Issues
By Scott

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like everything about this car, except for the transmission. The 5 speed grinds often in 2nd and 3rd gear, and over 1900 people have signed a petition regarding this. Honda blames the driver...most of whom have been driving sticks for years. And no other manufacture seems to have a website dedicated to this problem. 3 Trips to the dealer and nothing has been done to fix or improve the problem. They have also not fixed my side airbag light that comes on and stays on more and more often. The Acura rep was rude and insulting of my shifting. The fun to drive factor is gone.

Versitile - Engine

Redesign transmission, clutch, clutch linkage, or whatever is causing thousands of owners to have shifting problems.

Growing Out of My RSX
By luotodm

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I found a brand new 2003 still in the showroom in July 2004. Dealer took $4k off, and I couldn't pass it up. Absolute blast to drive on curvey roads and highways alike. Suspension is tight (but bumpy at times), and enough power to pass anyone. Hatchback with folding seats has been life-saver. The clutch requires extra leg-work and can give you a cramp after awhile. Also you have to get the clutch all the way to the floor, no room for mistakes, or you'll grind gears. Get the auto if doing a lot of stop-and-go. Had trouble with my starter, and was replaced after 4th visit. Perfect car for recent grad. But I need more cargo space, and 4 doors would be nice.

Power, good looks, sunroof. Lots of cargo space with seats down. Real fun to drive, and has a little bit of functionality

Get a lighter clutch feel, Put an armrest/storage space between front seat. The footwell of the front passenger seat is awkward, it's hard to fit your feet in just right.

Great car but a little bumpy
By Automatic

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle because of it's reputation. However, I felt a little disappointed with only two things; City Gas mileage and the bumpy ride. The suspension is great but the shocks are bouncing you all over the place. It's a little nerve racking. Other than that I have to say the car is excellent. Enough storage space and the controls are within reach. Keep in mind this is not really a racing car its a sporty look and feel but it's not going to take you from 0- 60 anytime quick, unless you step on it and suck all the gas out of your tank. Which bring me to the next point of gasoline. It doesn't have good gas mileage in the city but the highway it's great.

The stylish look, storage capacity and comfort. Triptronic automatic transmission.

Better shock and armrest desired.

Acura is accurate
By Bryan

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Honda civic which I loved, especially the gas mileage. after an accident, i decided to purchase a "03 Acura RSX that was traded into my dealership. I save some money buying used, and so far, no regrets. This car is fun to drive, fun to look at, and fun to personalize. This is my first Acura, and I've owned 2 Hondas. I definetly recommend this car. The only downside is the fuel economy. Not the best, I average about 250 miles to a full tank using supreme. I think my tank is 11 gallons, and even though i drive fast at times, the gas goes quick.

I love the tiptronic transmission, the power roof, and the folding rear seats.

Improve the fuel economy, and make the car more user friendly for novice mechanics. what a nightmare just to change a headlight bulb!

almost 2 years
By acura owner

excellent investment overall...i used
to own a '94 integra 4-dr before the
rsx, and i absolutely loved it too,
which is why i decided to get another
acura...reliability...

everything about the interior! fun to seen in.

limited/obstructed viewing from driver's seat to rear right side of car....you'd have to get used to it...could also use more padding in the leather seats...also something you'd have to get used to, because the ride felt so bumpy during the beginning days, i literally used to get headaches.