Used 2003 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Growing Out of My RSX
By luotodm

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I found a brand new 2003 still in the showroom in July 2004. Dealer took $4k off, and I couldn't pass it up. Absolute blast to drive on curvey roads and highways alike. Suspension is tight (but bumpy at times), and enough power to pass anyone. Hatchback with folding seats has been life-saver. The clutch requires extra leg-work and can give you a cramp after awhile. Also you have to get the clutch all the way to the floor, no room for mistakes, or you'll grind gears. Get the auto if doing a lot of stop-and-go. Had trouble with my starter, and was replaced after 4th visit. Perfect car for recent grad. But I need more cargo space, and 4 doors would be nice.

Power, good looks, sunroof. Lots of cargo space with seats down. Real fun to drive, and has a little bit of functionality

Get a lighter clutch feel, Put an armrest/storage space between front seat. The footwell of the front passenger seat is awkward, it's hard to fit your feet in just right.

Great car but a little bumpy
By Automatic

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle because of it's reputation. However, I felt a little disappointed with only two things; City Gas mileage and the bumpy ride. The suspension is great but the shocks are bouncing you all over the place. It's a little nerve racking. Other than that I have to say the car is excellent. Enough storage space and the controls are within reach. Keep in mind this is not really a racing car its a sporty look and feel but it's not going to take you from 0- 60 anytime quick, unless you step on it and suck all the gas out of your tank. Which bring me to the next point of gasoline. It doesn't have good gas mileage in the city but the highway it's great.

The stylish look, storage capacity and comfort. Triptronic automatic transmission.

Better shock and armrest desired.

Acura is accurate
By Bryan

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Honda civic which I loved, especially the gas mileage. after an accident, i decided to purchase a "03 Acura RSX that was traded into my dealership. I save some money buying used, and so far, no regrets. This car is fun to drive, fun to look at, and fun to personalize. This is my first Acura, and I've owned 2 Hondas. I definetly recommend this car. The only downside is the fuel economy. Not the best, I average about 250 miles to a full tank using supreme. I think my tank is 11 gallons, and even though i drive fast at times, the gas goes quick.

I love the tiptronic transmission, the power roof, and the folding rear seats.

Improve the fuel economy, and make the car more user friendly for novice mechanics. what a nightmare just to change a headlight bulb!

almost 2 years
By acura owner

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

excellent investment overall...i used to own a '94 integra 4-dr before the rsx, and i absolutely loved it too, which is why i decided to get another acura...reliability...

everything about the interior! fun to seen in.

limited/obstructed viewing from driver's seat to rear right side of car....you'd have to get used to it...could also use more padding in the leather seats...also something you'd have to get used to, because the ride felt so bumpy during the beginning days, i literally used to get headaches.

Nice, but you'll want more
By minus9

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a sporty 2-door and the RSX was the nicest. It beat the Celica, the Civic Si, the Tiburon, etc. You get Honda reliability. You get great milage. But after a year, the car rattles like crazy and I wish that I had more power and more smoothness. Save up and get the Infinity G35 and you'll be happier in the long run. You'll soon outgrow the 2-doors and wish for more space if this is your only car.

Fast, sporty look. Great handling. No pricy options, everything is standard.

Better quality materials to lessen the noise and keep the rattles at bay. A little more power lower in the revs would be helpful. Better leather.

• SUV