Used 2003 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Sold On Honda Products
By Dan Chapman

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my RSX for a year and a half now and I am so happy with how well my car drives. It handles as tight as a brand new car and I have 53000 on it now. Comfortable seats. Sport tuned suspension. Powerful yet fuel efficient engine. The car corners like a bat outta hell! I'm sold on Honda.

Body styling, integrity, mpg, handling, performance, leather bucket seats, 5 speed trans.

Nothing, the car is mint

Great all Around Car
By Brandon

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this car as a replacement for my 95 bmw M3 and have no regrets. Performance is great, handles well especially for FWD, shifter is smooth and throws are short. Plenty of trunk space for luggage or a trip to the beach or wherever your headed. Backseat is a bit small for normal sized people, kids and people under 5'5 shouldn't have it too bad back there. This car is well rounded, performs well but is still well suited as a daily driver. Suspension is a little rough and the shifter vibrates at times. Tire roar can get old. Understeer and body roll are almost non-existent. Close your eyes (but not for to long) and you feel like your driving a Honda s2000. This is really a great all around car.

Top end power. Sound of the engine especially at 6k rpms. Interior design. Controls are all well placed and simple to use. Plenty of interior room and trunk space. Transmission is smooth, crisp and throws are short. Everything just seems well placed in this car.

Tire roar!! Gets very annoying. No low end torque makes it feel like a civic below 3500 rpms. Shift Knob vibrates at high speeds. No center arm rest makes cruising somewhat uncomfortable. Seats are a bit hard.

5 years and no regrets
By Rich

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my RSX right after I graduated from college. It was essentially a present to myself for securing a decent paying job. Five years later, I still absolutely love my car and wouldn't trade it with anyone. I'll probably have it for at least another 5 years. The cost of ownership is insanely low; in five years I've only replaced the tires and brakes. With 3-4 oil changes per year, my car has treated me right.

It's just a nice car to look at. It's even more fun to drive.

Heated seats & GPS naviation. When I bought my car, these weren't too common. My next car will likely have these features.

Pretty great!
By christineeee

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used, ended up paying more that I normally do for a used car, but still a great value. Car is excellent to drive, inside console seems to be made to mold around driver. Only thing I wish is that the seats were a little bit cushier, but all in all a great car!

Can't go wrong
By rstibbetts

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am now at about 60K miles and this car has been great. Reliable, cool look, great handling and acceleration, excellent mileage (never averaged less than 30 MPG) and not too expensive or refined, considering it's an Acura. Gives me what I need at a reasonable price (at the time). Unfortunately Acura dropped this great little car. Cons: bad driver side blind spot, rattles in the dash (pronounced when the car is cold) and a rough ride with stock tires (improved with different tires). Back seat is tight, but what do you expect in a coupe? Probably the best vehicle I have owned.

Look, handling, MPG.