2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Great car but a little bumpy
By Automatic on 06/22/05 14:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle because of it's reputation. However, I felt a little disappointed with only two things; City Gas mileage and the bumpy ride. The suspension is great but the shocks are bouncing you all over the place. It's a little nerve racking. Other than that I have to say the car is excellent. Enough storage space and the controls are within reach. Keep in mind this is not really a racing car its a sporty look and feel but it's not going to take you from 0- 60 anytime quick, unless you step on it and suck all the gas out of your tank. Which bring me to the next point of gasoline. It doesn't have good gas mileage in the city but the highway it's great.

Full Obsessed Customer Review
By Paula on 06/04/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Gorgeous, classy, sports car! Definitely worth the money if you have it, can be pricey though (gas + payments). Can race and blow others out on the highway. Is discouraging to drive in cities where there are tons of stop lights. Small and compact, but still seems to fit all my stuff in it. Friends are little squished in backseat. Haven't had any under the hood problems with it yet (at 36k). The leather does have to be taken care of because it is stretched tight and wears out in spots. Not a big deal though. Best clutch-smooth shifting. Good in the snow (for Colorado). Side air bag for passenger automatically shuts off for small kids in front seat. Fold down back seats to trunk. Lumbar support on/off

Acura is accurate
By Bryan on 05/19/05 02:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Honda civic which I loved, especially the gas mileage. after an accident, i decided to purchase a "03 Acura RSX that was traded into my dealership. I save some money buying used, and so far, no regrets. This car is fun to drive, fun to look at, and fun to personalize. This is my first Acura, and I've owned 2 Hondas. I definetly recommend this car. The only downside is the fuel economy. Not the best, I average about 250 miles to a full tank using supreme. I think my tank is 11 gallons, and even though i drive fast at times, the gas goes quick.

almost 2 years
By acura owner on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

excellent investment overall...i used to own a '94 integra 4-dr before the rsx, and i absolutely loved it too, which is why i decided to get another acura...reliability...

Nice, but you'll want more
By minus9 on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a sporty 2-door and the RSX was the nicest. It beat the Celica, the Civic Si, the Tiburon, etc. You get Honda reliability. You get great milage. But after a year, the car rattles like crazy and I wish that I had more power and more smoothness. Save up and get the Infinity G35 and you'll be happier in the long run. You'll soon outgrow the 2-doors and wish for more space if this is your only car.

Acura/Honda's Rule the World!
By umbclacrosse on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the best for the under 25K coupe class. Great performance, car is as solid as a vault and you know re- sale value and long-term reliability are a given.

It's sweet
By pteman on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my RSX-type S for a year and a half. I bought it initially because I wanted a reliable, but fun car and I haven't been disappointed yet. The only problem I have found is leaving it alone...I'm scared someone might breath on it wrong. I love my car.

RSX Type S is a great car
By A great car on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this is a great car. I am a previous owner on a VW VR6 and I feel like the RSX type S is worth the money. The VW gave me so much problem that I had to give up on it(good acc. and power but piece of junk things starts to fall apart on the first half of the year). with the rsx type S, I feel the boost without having to waste money of paying for an expensive car. car haven't gave me any trouble yet and show no sign what so ever. fun to drive. Great exterior design and handling. overall great car. very happy with the buy.

1.5 Year Update
By S_T_S on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my RSX-S for about 18 months and found it to be very reliable and great on gas (26-33) even if you thrash it. Great interior design and the hatchback provides loads of space. However, some things are starting to annoy me: The seats are great for holding you place around corners, but get painful after about 1 hour as they are hard and flat, Third gear can be hard to engage, The engine basically makes little power until 6K and after that gets really loud, Stock tires squeal around even moderate speed turns.

this car is *almost* perfect
By used 03 rsx on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

performance - acura rates this car as having 160 hp. don't be deceived. the peak hp is delivered around 6000 rpm, which you won't normally access unless you've got the pedal stomped to the floor. comfort - these seats are the best stock seats i've ever rested my cheeks on. the seats literally wrap around the driver to keep you in place through twisting turns. fuel economy - i'm getting nearly 27 mpg in mostly city driving!! build quality - the build quality is a 50/50 mix of being excellent / suspect. overall this car is EXCELLENT. test drive a few other cars for the sake of comparison, but this car is a GREAT buy.