2003 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (123 reviews )
Bang for the buck
By SCFD471 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Ive owned this car for a year...have had a BMW 3, a Mazda Miata and a Silverado truck. This is by far the most fun and best handling. The clutch and 6 speed are smooth and easy, the steering is tight and handles awesome. when you rev the car over 6K RPM (its designed for this) the power comes on like crazy! Its like its got a turbo, thanks to the i-Vtec. I Plan on keeping this one for a while and I cant imagine anything better in the price range. This is "a luxury Civic on steriods" and has the quality of a Acura TL, would recomend to anyone.

By RSXTS on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned two of these cars now. The 1st one saved my life in a two roll over/4 tree hit accident. They have great potential and are a major eye turner while driving around town..

Great car, great price
By sigmapiiu on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is amazing and is deserving of all the awards that it receives. The acceleration is there when you need it. The interior design is fabulous. Although the best part of the car is its superb handling.

1 year followup RSX-S
By jtjwcol on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have now owned the car for 1 year and driven over 16000 miles. I can still say that this is the finest vehicle I have ever owned. No rattles or squeaks, still looks new and it is still a blast to drive. I am 6'2" and have taken trips up to 200 miles none stop and have never been uncomfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone without reservation.

Good Combo of Comfort and Performance
By LFOV on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I started looking for a replacement for my VW Passat, the RSX wasn't even on my short list. I was ready to buy a Subaru WRX - until I drove one. By chance, I stopped in at my local Acura dealer and test drove an RSX Type S. I came away VERY impressed with the overall package. It has reasonable performance (it's a SPORTY car, not a SPORTS car), good comfort and amenities and is a tremendous bargain for what you get. As Honda was also offering low-rate financing, I couldn't pass the deal up.

Excellent Value
By rezrsx on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car for 4 months and I can honestly this car is a ball to drive and has amazing build quality. As a previous 99 Mustang owner I can honestly say this is own of the best coupes for the money on the market right now. The only real drawback is it uses premium gas and occasionaly I get a liitle bit of tranny grind going from 2nd to 3rd. If your looking for a 2 door of any kind at least test drive the RSX-Type-S.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
By bigdaddyd919 on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Drives smoothly, accelerates fast, best interior design I've seen in a car in a long time and best of all, it's a joy to drive. If you ever decide to purchase one, opt only for the Type-S.

Luxury & Race Inspired - In One
By CarrieJ623 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a sporty car with a luxury feel to it, and the Acura RSX-S provides just that for me. Whenever I feel like doing some spirited driving, the 200-hp engine with i-VTEC more than satisfies my expectations. The stiff racing inspired seats are great for taking quick corners comfortably, but they can be uncomfortable on longer trips. My Acura RSX-S makes the usual daily drive, going from point A to point B, and enjoyable and exciting experience.

love my rsx type s
By porky on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

great car..looked at several before pulling the triger. 20th ann. gti, pt cruiser, and celica. the acura is the best. i know, wrx has more ponies but the acura is muh more refined.

biff's review
By CrazyRSXdriver on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Ive had my RSX S for a year and a half. It rides like a rollercoaster, man. Its like a rocket under my nuts. Amazing car, and a dream to drive. Peace!