2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Great First Car!
By RSX_Fan on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car after I test drove a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. The RSX was $2,000 less and overall a much better car. I bought it in a rush and couldn't be happier. I drove it from Indianapolis to Las Vegas 2 days after buying it and driving had never been so fun. Don't have to downshift out of 5th gear to pass, so even with 160 hp it has power to spare. A definate recommendation to anybody who wants a sporty 2-door that's affordable.

entry level acura
By primera_gte on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The reason why I bought the RSX is it combines looks, functionality, and price. It's handling is pretty good. However it's not phenomenal The RSX has very good accelaration for a 4 cylinder auto. Either manuamatic or the D3 function is more than enough to jet around town and merge onto Socal freeways. The ride quality is poor. You can feel every little bump on the road and any dip or divot is very pronounced. The fold down seats and hatch are very useful. But it's a bit disconserting to hear your purchases slide around in the back. The height of an open hatch could cause a problem for people under 5'6.

My new Acura RSX is perfect!
By angel22 on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased my RSX & so far it's perfect! When I was looking at cars, I was mainly looking into the Celica and Tiburon. I had been to numerous dealerships, but I just couldn't find what I wanted. Finally, I "discovered" the RSX and immediately knew that it was the car for me. I haven't been disappointed. From looks to performance to price, it's a great car.

Great Car!!!!!!!!!1
By SPeedFreak S on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am 16 and i purchased this as my first car. I was looking at the Lexus IS300 but in the end i decided to go for pure performance. This car is just that. The shifiting is great, it looks like a ferrari from the back, and has a beautiful interior. Its price is also excellent. This car is about 5 thousand dollars less, than it probably should be. Great Value, Great Car.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!
By jtwcol on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I test drove the Acura RSX-S, Mini Cooper, VW GTI (1.8 & VVR)& Subaru WRX. Each car had it's own set of positives and negatives. I felt the best vehicle is the RSX. It is a good looking car, has gobs of power, handles very well and is built better then any car I have ever driven. My decision fell to either the GTI 1.8 or the RSX, in the end, I could not ignore the top notch quality and value of the RSX Type S.

Second to none
By LuvnmyRSX on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT and GTS,Toyota Celica GT,RSX Type-S,and RXS.My choice was an easy one when I looked at initial quality,price,resale value,and fun to drive factor. I just didn't feel the extra horsepower the RSX Type S has and the insurance was much higher than the RSX. I also liked the feel and quality of the cloth seats. This is the funnest car I have ever driven. I just can't believe how quick and economical this car is. It suits me perfectly.

NOT an Integra
By 6'2" on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning an Integra for a while I can tell you that this car misses the mark.The shifter clunks into second gear (all others are good)the seats are fair at best and the ride/road noise/sound system are all poor.There is a HUGE gap in power between 3000 and 5000 RPM. I should have bought another Integra.

Excellent Value
By Mark1 on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at a number of cars in this class. Part way through my search I was sure I'd go with the Celica, but I changed my mind after seeing and driving the RSX. I went back to drive the Celica again, and although I have nothing bad to say about it, I saved about $2000 on the RSX and got ABS, side airbags, and a car that has done the best in it's class whenever it is reviewed. The best for less -- can't beat that!

The Type-S Is Worth The Upgrade
By Johnny Thunder on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've recently purchased the Acura RSX- S. The car handles like a $40,000 plus vehicle with a much lighter sticker price! For the price, you CAN NOT beat the RSX-S. The six speed manual transmission allows for complete control of your driving experience. With the short throw, the transmission handles like the more expensive European cars. I also like the fact that this vehicle is wholly manufactured in JAPAN. Only the NSX and RSX are actually manufactured in JAPAN. If you are looking for a car that performs like a million bucks but doesn't cost it, than the RSX-S is for you. Be certain to upgrade to the S- Type. For the money, it is well worth it!

2002 RSX - S
By Fele on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Boughth mine in July 2001 (first batch). Car is excellent and very fun to drive (I love the 6 speed shifter). I had trouble with leather on my car seat (Acura replaced it). Otherwise had no other problems with it. Highly recomend for the price.