2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
GSR--->Type S= Perfection
By flyin_swo on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was the proud owner of the original Acura pocket rocket- a 1996 Integra GSR. I was worried that Acura would mess this one up, but my hat's off to them. WOW!!! The GSR is all grown up, but it is still fun as ever to drive. This is my third "Integra" to own, and I am so glad I bought this. The RSX has all the underpinnings of a sporty coupe, but is much refined over the previous DC2 platform. It is smoother, quieter, faster, and more comfortable to drive. Acura did their homework with this one.

Great Car Bad Stereo
By rob217 on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car. It's quick, fun to drive & the six speed is the best I've ever driven next to the NSX. Gas milage is fantastic for a car with this amout of power & performance. It's hard to find more bang for your buck in this price range. Driving this car gives me a zen type felling that I haven't had since I sold my Corvette.

Love This Car!
By Desert Silver on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought 2 weeks ago, love my new car. i've been planning my car purchase for 10 months now. Looked at almost every car under 25K, and this was far and away the best car in its class. A comparably equipped Celica is thousands more, I don't like the exterior look of the WRX, and Mitsubishi Eclipses are more expensive and aren't exactly known for reliability. I did my homework and got the car for 200 hundred over invoice (Base model). Unlike some others, I love the exterior styling of the car. The interior is awesome, made with high- quality materials. Auto-Climate Control is nice added touch. Highly recommended!

Acura rsx All good. (no bad or ugly)
By Mike Siano on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I researched all the competition before my purchase, test drives etc. This car does it all. Daily driver, Weekend screamer.Am currently driving on winter rubber and steel wheels. Performs great in snow or rain. Predicable handling, great shifter. Drive it as an economy car, or stomp on it and "get on the cam". Reliable as a furnace, tossable, room for kids. Hope to keep as long as my last Honda (12 years). Would recommend to any enthusiast.

Good Enough
By AcuraFan4Life on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After driving a 1992 Integra GS for 10 years without any problems, I decided to make the big switch and I definitely made the right choice. I was thinking about the A4 or 3-Series but realized that the RSX-S gave you so much for $10K less. I realize the Bose isn't as powerful as it should be and the engine is a bit noisy and there isn't a middle armrest, etc. But for the money that you pay, you can't deny that this car not only offers a lot in terms of fun- factor and quality amenities, but also will last you for 10 years easily without any major problems.

Great car
By Jools109 on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I switched from lifelong ownership of GM vehicles to the foreign market just for a change of pace. I don't believe I will be going back ever again. I have never been more pleased with a car, it's value, or the general ownership experience ever.

Great car
By Superdog on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It's too bad the fun to drive scale only goes to 10. This car is a blast.

Too Much Fun
By tmed on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Very powerful and fun to drive. Has a beautiful design that turns heads.

Anyone else had problems?
By Me on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my car new last weekend. First time it rained (only five days after I bought it)my sunroof leaked bigtime into my car. The car pulls to the right when driving and also the carpet looks terrible. The carpet is all wavy throughout the vehicle. I am very dissappointed with my purchase. No one else seems to have any complaints. The carpet looks old and all the RSXs seem to be like that. Anyone else having problems?

fun to drive but needs improvements
By peter on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With all the luxurious basics, RSX seems to have improved the previous 'integra'.