2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Awe inspiring
By bauhaus on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Although I have only owned this remarkable little rocket for 3 days and 250 miles, it is far and away the most complete car I have driven. The feel of all the controls is crisp and clean, no slop here. The engine, although loud at higher RPM's is quick, reponsive and silky smooth. The clutch, shifter and transmission combination is flawless. The handling is responsive, tight and nimble. Point it where you want to go and there is no hesitation or arguments. Readers of this review should take a look at Car and Driver's "Four wedges and a Bubble" comparrison review.

I Made A Mistake
By whipsaw on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I thought I had bought a very good performance car for a nice price, but about 3 weeks after I bought the Type S my buddy bought a Subaru WRX and he let me drive it. I have not been able to enjoy my car since. Ugh! The WRX is so much quicker, so much more fun to drive, and it's AWD. And it's the same price! Also, he had the wagon model WRX and you can haul a ton of stuff in it, as well as haul a$$. Don't get me wrong, I still "like" my car, and the interior of the acura is better than WRX. But ultimately I'd give up the leather seats, for the extra horsepower, quickness, and safety features and comfort of the AWD.

excellent
By fstrsx on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

great all around car

Great Car love it everytime I drive it
By some dude on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It was my first car to buy on my own. Ive had it for 7 months now and I can honestly say everytime I get in it I look forward to the experience. The car is pretty fast when you want it to be. Inside is superurb. All the guages are beautiful and the console is angled towards the driver. NICE! The engine sound is a spine tingler :o) I put heated seats in mine for Christmas now there is absolutely nothing I can say I would want the car to have that it doesn't.

A great car
By jasondeinlein on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car wanting an everyday sports car, that i could enjoy driving, and burn people occasionally, and wouldn't break the bank - i bought and an Rsx type S and that's exactly what i got.

Loud Ride
By alrdythr on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I really love my RSX-TypeS but have a few wishes for improvement. The road noise is too high particularly on the highway and the radio sound system is sub par. The 6-cd in dash player is great but the sub woofer and speakers are lousy for the level of luxury I expected from Acura.

Good value, but isn't holding up.
By avixe on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The S is a good car and would be ideal for someone who lives in a smoothly- paved area. Tight suspension makes for a fighter-jet ride at highway speeds, but unfortunately also invites a neck- snapping, spring-bottoming ride over anything less than perfect roads. Likewise, the engine makes fantastic, ferocious noises on highway on-ramps (and at red lights) but around town tends to attract attention unless kept under 3500rpm. The car handles just beautifully, and the level of standard equipment on the S has no equal. I see some have complained about the seats, but I find them both supportive and comfortable (make sure you use the lumbar adjustment!).

Satisfied
By jpcarvaj on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car around for less than 22K. The VW GTI is a good contestant but the platform is getting old and boring, the Celica is a girly car and the Tiburon lacks reliability. If you are planning to buy this car you're making the smart choice. A good advice will be to test drive first the 5 speed manual, then the automatic, and finally the Type-S.

This is a great car
By flmonkey on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Every thing has been great with this car.

Great Car
By bernuler on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I set out to buy a replacement for my 87 Integra, which itself had been a great car. Test drove MB C230K, Celica GT, & RSX-S but chose RSX as best overall for engineering, performance, ride, build quality, fuel economy and purchase value. I loved my 87 Integra, so naturally I make comparisions. The RSX weighs 400 lbs more, has a 25% larger engine and gets the same gas mileage (32 mpg average), amazing. The exterior stying is a plus but the interior shows some negatives relative to the Integra. In spite of the longer wheel base and body, access to and comfort in the rear seat is poor. Road noise is worse, I believe due to the cloth cover over the hatch area.