Used 2003 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (123 reviews )

awesome car
By sistomofadann

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

its awesome fast and lots of fun;plus the girlies love it

6 freakin speeds

bigger rims

More Bang 4 The $
By geofkent

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My last performance car was a BMW Z3. It proved to be too impracticle for most purposes so it had to go. I wanted to find a car with the same performance but usable interior and trunk space. Well, I found it! The engine, transmission (6speed) and brakes/suspension are all world-class. Plus, you can actually haul stuff with it. Lot's of stuff. Oh, buy the way did I mention? It runs like it looks...FANTASTIC!

100hp per litre! Looks like a million. Build quality is a 10. Fit, finish and quality of materials also a 10. Nothing breaks!

Usable center armrest. Better tires. Michelins are too small (205x55x16) and are all weather rated ie, no good for performance (they're noisey too). Goodyear RSA's would be a better choice. 215x50x16 should do it or 225x45x16, even better.

The best car I've owned
By MattsRSX

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was in the market for a new car because my 98 Audi A4 1.8T was dying at 86,000 miles. Another A4 was tempting but too expensive and unreliable. I wanted something fast, fun and somewhat practical. I was flipping through a magazine when I came accross the RSX Type S. 200 hp 2.0 liter engine, 6 speed tranny, Car and Driver 10Best. Wait a sec...this car is only $23k! I picked up my Artic Blue Pearl RSX Type S on Friday, June 27th and I am in love. I can get 30 mpg and still smoke a V8 Mustang.

VTEC engine, 6 speed tranny, interior, stereo, handling abilities....all these belong on a $60k BMW or Porsche

Stupid litte things like an outside temp, heated seats and an on board computer would be nice. Stock tires can be loud on the highway.

Not as good as you think...
By Shemy

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in Jan. 2003 after crashing my Beetle earlier that month. I chose the RSX-S because of it's performance. I was very disapointed with 4 things: the first is that the gas mileage isn't true, the second is that after 5000 miles of driving it doesn't grip to the road as good as it did when I purchased it, the third is that the insurance is too high for this vehicle & last but not least, if Acura was smart they would put another 20 lbs of tourque for better peeling power with less RPM.

Everything is standard.

wider & larger tires (at least 17") for better handling, Bose system could be a little more louder, Xenon lights can add more prestiege to the brand.

Midnight Maraurder
By CJ Majesty

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car takes corners effortlessly, it has decent amount of power on tap, silky smooth transmission the seats are comfortable & supportive. The ride is comfortable .........until you hit a bump, Steering is firm & direct. The car feels very stable at high speeds. The Bose sound system is not as bad as people say it is depending on the quality of the CD & the signal strenth of the radio. I find that visablity in the rear is blocked by the C-Pillar. But overall best car i ever had.

Drivetrain & suspension