2003 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (123 reviews )
Good value, but isn't holding up.
By avixe on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The S is a good car and would be ideal for someone who lives in a smoothly- paved area. Tight suspension makes for a fighter-jet ride at highway speeds, but unfortunately also invites a neck- snapping, spring-bottoming ride over anything less than perfect roads. Likewise, the engine makes fantastic, ferocious noises on highway on-ramps (and at red lights) but around town tends to attract attention unless kept under 3500rpm. The car handles just beautifully, and the level of standard equipment on the S has no equal. I see some have complained about the seats, but I find them both supportive and comfortable (make sure you use the lumbar adjustment!).

This is a great car
By flmonkey on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Every thing has been great with this car.

Great Car Bad Stereo
By rob217 on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Love the car. It's quick, fun to drive & the six speed is the best I've ever driven next to the NSX. Gas milage is fantastic for a car with this amout of power & performance. It's hard to find more bang for your buck in this price range. Driving this car gives me a zen type felling that I haven't had since I sold my Corvette.

GSR--->Type S= Perfection
By flyin_swo on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was the proud owner of the original Acura pocket rocket- a 1996 Integra GSR. I was worried that Acura would mess this one up, but my hat's off to them. WOW!!! The GSR is all grown up, but it is still fun as ever to drive. This is my third "Integra" to own, and I am so glad I bought this. The RSX has all the underpinnings of a sporty coupe, but is much refined over the previous DC2 platform. It is smoother, quieter, faster, and more comfortable to drive. Acura did their homework with this one.

Acura rsx All good. (no bad or ugly)
By Mike Siano on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I researched all the competition before my purchase, test drives etc. This car does it all. Daily driver, Weekend screamer.Am currently driving on winter rubber and steel wheels. Performs great in snow or rain. Predicable handling, great shifter. Drive it as an economy car, or stomp on it and "get on the cam". Reliable as a furnace, tossable, room for kids. Hope to keep as long as my last Honda (12 years). Would recommend to any enthusiast.

Good Enough
By AcuraFan4Life on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After driving a 1992 Integra GS for 10 years without any problems, I decided to make the big switch and I definitely made the right choice. I was thinking about the A4 or 3-Series but realized that the RSX-S gave you so much for $10K less. I realize the Bose isn't as powerful as it should be and the engine is a bit noisy and there isn't a middle armrest, etc. But for the money that you pay, you can't deny that this car not only offers a lot in terms of fun- factor and quality amenities, but also will last you for 10 years easily without any major problems.

Great car
By Superdog on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It's too bad the fun to drive scale only goes to 10. This car is a blast.

Too Much Fun
By tmed on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Very powerful and fun to drive. Has a beautiful design that turns heads.

Great Car!!!!!!!!!1
By SPeedFreak S on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am 16 and i purchased this as my first car. I was looking at the Lexus IS300 but in the end i decided to go for pure performance. This car is just that. The shifiting is great, it looks like a ferrari from the back, and has a beautiful interior. Its price is also excellent. This car is about 5 thousand dollars less, than it probably should be. Great Value, Great Car.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!
By jtwcol on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I test drove the Acura RSX-S, Mini Cooper, VW GTI (1.8 & VVR)& Subaru WRX. Each car had it's own set of positives and negatives. I felt the best vehicle is the RSX. It is a good looking car, has gobs of power, handles very well and is built better then any car I have ever driven. My decision fell to either the GTI 1.8 or the RSX, in the end, I could not ignore the top notch quality and value of the RSX Type S.