Used 2003 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (123 reviews )

Well worth it
By KKN74

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased a couple months ago a Type- S. Fun to Drive, great interior (though center armrest area could be better), hatchback is convienient, and handles very well.

Favorite Features

Interior (including the dash). Performance of the car.

Suggested Improvements

More torque for the engine, more wattage for the Bose system (though it's pretty solid), a little more creative body styling.

Da Best Car There Is
By kekau

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car offers luxury and comfort right from behind the same company that brought us the Acura Integra. It's sporty look combined with it's performance offers more than meets the eye. The Acura RSX is trully one a kind car that should be a part of every adventurer's repetoire.

Suggested Improvements

Offer more power at lower level RPM Come stock with a turbo charger

I love this car!
By Truckondo

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got the car a couple of months ago and I'm still never tired of driving it. I almost got the auto because I didn't know how to drive a stick. I'm glad I made the effort to learn because once you go manual, you never want to go back. I seem to get a lot of "lookers" around my car too. Freeway on-ramp are so much fun now!

Favorite Features

Where to start? The interior, engine, gas milage. Everything about the car is rad. BTW, I have the OEM body kit and rear wing so you know the exterior is "Da Bomb". The sound system is good enough for me since I really don't need blast it for other drivers around me.

Suggested Improvements

HID Headlights The Hondata ECU Upgrade from the factory.

Great Ride
By Steve H

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I upgraded from an Integra GSR to this baby in March, and I'm amazed at the improvement from the 'Teg to this car. This car has just about everything I wanted, from a nice interior to an engine that wailed like a banshee. (Gotta love that 8000 rpm redline combined with i-vtec). This car also crushes most of its competition performance wise...Toyota, Mitsu, VW and Hyundai's competition for this car is chopped liver as far as I'm concerned. And while Subaru's WRX is slightly faster, step into the interior or look at it from outside and ask yourself if you really want to be seen in that car.

Favorite Features

i-vtec rev happy motor, leather seats, standard 6cd changer, excellent build quality and feel

Suggested Improvements

Bring the Type R to the US!

fun to drive
By drvr77

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this car is extremely fun to drive. good quality interior, designed to surround the driver. well bolstered seats, fine leather material that offers good comfort and lumbar support. bose stereo does a fine job,although maybe not par for those seeking aftermarket subwoofer lows, but fine for us folks appreciated quality, clear music. climate control works wonderfully, very powerful. the nightime dash lights are a wonderful red, making the gauges easily readable. the shifter is effortlessly moved from gear to gear, making full use of the engine. has everything a 25yr old guy needs who has fun to drive, practicality and reliability on his mind.

Favorite Features

cockpit design, bose stereo, engine

Suggested Improvements

rearward visability is diminished due to c-pillar design