2003 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews 10

2003 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (123 reviews )
Excellent Car
By Bob Gillette on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The 2002 and 2003 Acura RSX and Acura RSX Type-S are top-notch cars. I, myself, own a type-s model and have found no problems at all with it. It performs well, has great acceleration, great fuel economy, and is an outstanding car overall. Number one on my list is maintenance also, and I find this car to be right up there. I have had no problems with the engine or any part of the car at all. I change the oil and I'm done! 10/10 Stars

Type-S = Satisfaction
By Speeder Ty on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Perfect for highway buzzing and a touch stiff in town on poor roads, (I just choose better routes). With only 6000K it's just broken in but the power comes quicker than it did! We enjoy the sound system, dispite other reviews for sound , you can crank the volume over the engine noise. This one is a keeper.Keep the revs up for maximum pleasure.

type S is the best!!!
By superman8998 on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

great car to drive on the weekends or for everyday use. it works with you when you want to drive easy and the i- vtec hits hard when you want to smoke the rest. for those people out there complaining about how bad it is on gas, go by a civic!!! you can't expect to get all that power and not give up on a little bit of gas. by the way, i think it gets great gas mileage.

It's a Fun Car
By username/alias on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

A comfortable car for the driver and front seat passenger. Back seat is for very small adults or kids. All the room you could ever want when seats are folded down. Very economical with fuel (91 octane or better) unless you are high reving. Very sure footed in rain. It stops on a dime in all conditions thus far no matter what you have read.

Awe inspiring
By bauhaus on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Although I have only owned this remarkable little rocket for 3 days and 250 miles, it is far and away the most complete car I have driven. The feel of all the controls is crisp and clean, no slop here. The engine, although loud at higher RPM's is quick, reponsive and silky smooth. The clutch, shifter and transmission combination is flawless. The handling is responsive, tight and nimble. Point it where you want to go and there is no hesitation or arguments. Readers of this review should take a look at Car and Driver's "Four wedges and a Bubble" comparrison review.

I Made A Mistake
By whipsaw on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I thought I had bought a very good performance car for a nice price, but about 3 weeks after I bought the Type S my buddy bought a Subaru WRX and he let me drive it. I have not been able to enjoy my car since. Ugh! The WRX is so much quicker, so much more fun to drive, and it's AWD. And it's the same price! Also, he had the wagon model WRX and you can haul a ton of stuff in it, as well as haul a$$. Don't get me wrong, I still "like" my car, and the interior of the acura is better than WRX. But ultimately I'd give up the leather seats, for the extra horsepower, quickness, and safety features and comfort of the AWD.

excellent
By fstrsx on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

great all around car

Great Car love it everytime I drive it
By some dude on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It was my first car to buy on my own. Ive had it for 7 months now and I can honestly say everytime I get in it I look forward to the experience. The car is pretty fast when you want it to be. Inside is superurb. All the guages are beautiful and the console is angled towards the driver. NICE! The engine sound is a spine tingler :o) I put heated seats in mine for Christmas now there is absolutely nothing I can say I would want the car to have that it doesn't.

A great car
By jasondeinlein on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car wanting an everyday sports car, that i could enjoy driving, and burn people occasionally, and wouldn't break the bank - i bought and an Rsx type S and that's exactly what i got.

Loud Ride
By alrdythr on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I really love my RSX-TypeS but have a few wishes for improvement. The road noise is too high particularly on the highway and the radio sound system is sub par. The 6-cd in dash player is great but the sub woofer and speakers are lousy for the level of luxury I expected from Acura.