2003 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
A great little car
By mjl73187 on 09/07/13 21:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is truly a little gem of a car. I've had mine for over four years, put almost 50,000 miles on it, driven it three times round-trip from Connecticut to Arkansas, driven it around the mean streets of Brooklyn. It never lets me down. I've driven it at 80+ mph with all my worldly possessions (including an antique desk) crammed in the back and STILL gotten 34 mpg. I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, unless I need something with four doors.

Just bought one...
By jtree91 on 09/07/12 09:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2003 RSX and I have to say I am very satisfied. The first quality that jumped out at me when I first drove it was its tight, sports car handling. This car handles beautifully and I am able to take turns at speeds I never could have imagined in my previous car, a grand am. The interior is leather, two toned sports seats that really add to the cars sportiness. There is a body kit on the car so it looks really sharp and sounds great with the magnaflow exhaust. Overall, im glad I bought it. I feel as though honda makes very reliable cars and the rsx is no exception.

Great Car
By My 2nd Acura on 01/20/10 08:32 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Acura that I have purchased. I purchased this one because the first one I owned was awesome. This car is now 7 years old and I have only done normal maintenance to it. I wish Acura would make another model that is reasonably priced. I will be holding on to this one until it stops working.

Dependable Fun Car
By andy g on 12/04/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owned this vehicle for six months. Great car overall. Good acceleration. Good gas mileage usually get above 30 miles per gallon depending on how I drive. Only problem with it the car so far was the fan belt had to be re placed at 44,000 miles. This cars seats could be more comfortable, on long rides seats can be uncomfortable. Overall this car this car was a great decision suggested to anyone who wants a fun fast car that is good on gas.

Great Car
By Quacker on 10/23/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for about 5 years, I can safely say it was a great choice. First, the fuel efficiency is amazing. I drive the manual, and I regularly average 30-34 miles per gallon. This is mixed highway and city driving. The interior is ergonomic and spacious (for the driver, at least), the handling is crisp and responsive, the gearbox is amazing (don't whine about the grinding, it goes away after a few thousand miles), the engine is revvy and powerful for it's size and fuel efficiency, and the car is built to very tight tolerances. After 5 years, none of the electricals have gone out, nor have any rattles developed. Taut car.

Sold On Honda Products
By Dan Chapman on 07/06/08 05:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my RSX for a year and a half now and I am so happy with how well my car drives. It handles as tight as a brand new car and I have 53000 on it now. Comfortable seats. Sport tuned suspension. Powerful yet fuel efficient engine. The car corners like a bat outta hell! I'm sold on Honda.

5 years and no regrets
By Rich on 12/14/07 15:32 PM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my RSX right after I graduated from college. It was essentially a present to myself for securing a decent paying job. Five years later, I still absolutely love my car and wouldn't trade it with anyone. I'll probably have it for at least another 5 years. The cost of ownership is insanely low; in five years I've only replaced the tires and brakes. With 3-4 oil changes per year, my car has treated me right.

Pretty great!
By christineeee on 10/11/07 15:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used, ended up paying more that I normally do for a used car, but still a great value. Car is excellent to drive, inside console seems to be made to mold around driver. Only thing I wish is that the seats were a little bit cushier, but all in all a great car!

Can't go wrong
By rstibbetts on 09/07/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am now at about 60K miles and this car has been great. Reliable, cool look, great handling and acceleration, excellent mileage (never averaged less than 30 MPG) and not too expensive or refined, considering it's an Acura. Gives me what I need at a reasonable price (at the time). Unfortunately Acura dropped this great little car. Cons: bad driver side blind spot, rattles in the dash (pronounced when the car is cold) and a rough ride with stock tires (improved with different tires). Back seat is tight, but what do you expect in a coupe? Probably the best vehicle I have owned.

Fabulous starter into the luxury world
By LP on 07/24/07 19:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a luxury car at a great deal. Acura has a great reputation for quality, as they are made by Honda. This car is no exception. It's fun to drive and handles wonderfully. Great standard features that would normally have to be added for an extra price, come standard.