Used 2003 Acura RSX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Most Helpful|
A great little car
By mjl73187

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is truly a little gem of a car. I've had mine for over four years, put almost 50,000 miles on it, driven it three times round-trip from Connecticut to Arkansas, driven it around the mean streets of Brooklyn. It never lets me down. I've driven it at 80+ mph with all my worldly possessions (including an antique desk) crammed in the back and STILL gotten 34 mpg. I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, unless I need something with four doors.

Favorite Features

I have never, not once, driven a car with a sharper transmission. The handling is alive and responsive. The seats are comfortable; there's great visibility out. How can a car be both the perfect roadtrip car AND the perfect city car? It looks good in an unpretentious way: doesn't stick out in good neighborhoods or bad ones. Easy to park. The interior is high-quality and the gauges look great at night.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius (short nose with a transversely-mounted engine) is no good for such a small car. It's not as quiet on the highway as most luxury cars or even more modern small cars. It's not slow, but it's not fast, either. You don't need the Type-S, but you want the Type-S. The backseat is a dungeon unless you are a double amputee with no head. There's nothing clever or delightful about the interior except a cupholder cover that doubles as a change-holder.

Just bought one...
By jtree91

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2003 RSX and I have to say I am very satisfied. The first quality that jumped out at me when I first drove it was its tight, sports car handling. This car handles beautifully and I am able to take turns at speeds I never could have imagined in my previous car, a grand am. The interior is leather, two toned sports seats that really add to the cars sportiness. There is a body kit on the car so it looks really sharp and sounds great with the magnaflow exhaust. Overall, im glad I bought it. I feel as though honda makes very reliable cars and the rsx is no exception.

Suggested Improvements

The radio stock is very plain and basic, so I have an aftermarket headunit that fixes that.

Great Car
By My 2nd Acura

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Acura that I have purchased. I purchased this one because the first one I owned was awesome. This car is now 7 years old and I have only done normal maintenance to it. I wish Acura would make another model that is reasonably priced. I will be holding on to this one until it stops working.

Favorite Features

Handles great and hugs the road. Interior red lights and wrap dash make you feel like you are in a cockpit. Gas mileage ok around 25. Sharp looking inside and out! Car is quality built, not alot of major problems. Tons of room for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is to much. Inside vibrates alot when car is cold.Seats could be a little more fluffy.

Great Car
By Quacker

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for about 5 years, I can safely say it was a great choice. First, the fuel efficiency is amazing. I drive the manual, and I regularly average 30-34 miles per gallon. This is mixed highway and city driving. The interior is ergonomic and spacious (for the driver, at least), the handling is crisp and responsive, the gearbox is amazing (don't whine about the grinding, it goes away after a few thousand miles), the engine is revvy and powerful for it's size and fuel efficiency, and the car is built to very tight tolerances. After 5 years, none of the electricals have gone out, nor have any rattles developed. Taut car.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency, peppy engine, sure and responsive handling, reliability, great steering wheel, rear seats fold down to allow you to carry incredibly amounts of stuff, thoughtful knob and switch placement, great build quality. Built in Japan!

Suggested Improvements

Brakes could use a small upgrade. Starter motor crapped out at 40k miles, but replaced under warranty with zero hassles. Highway noise can get to you after a while. Some interior plastics aren't that great. The leather on the seats isn't that great either. Sound system is weak.

Dependable Fun Car
By andy g

2003 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owned this vehicle for six months. Great car overall. Good acceleration. Good gas mileage usually get above 30 miles per gallon depending on how I drive. Only problem with it the car so far was the fan belt had to be re placed at 44,000 miles. This cars seats could be more comfortable, on long rides seats can be uncomfortable. Overall this car this car was a great decision suggested to anyone who wants a fun fast car that is good on gas.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, gas mileage, hatchback.

Suggested Improvements

Not being discontinued.