Used 2003 Acura RSX Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Dependable Fun Car
By andy g

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owned this vehicle for six months. Great car overall. Good acceleration. Good gas mileage usually get above 30 miles per gallon depending on how I drive. Only problem with it the car so far was the fan belt had to be re placed at 44,000 miles. This cars seats could be more comfortable, on long rides seats can be uncomfortable. Overall this car this car was a great decision suggested to anyone who wants a fun fast car that is good on gas.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, gas mileage, hatchback.

Suggested Improvements

Not being discontinued.

Great Car
By Quacker

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for about 5 years, I can safely say it was a great choice. First, the fuel efficiency is amazing. I drive the manual, and I regularly average 30-34 miles per gallon. This is mixed highway and city driving. The interior is ergonomic and spacious (for the driver, at least), the handling is crisp and responsive, the gearbox is amazing (don't whine about the grinding, it goes away after a few thousand miles), the engine is revvy and powerful for it's size and fuel efficiency, and the car is built to very tight tolerances. After 5 years, none of the electricals have gone out, nor have any rattles developed. Taut car.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency, peppy engine, sure and responsive handling, reliability, great steering wheel, rear seats fold down to allow you to carry incredibly amounts of stuff, thoughtful knob and switch placement, great build quality. Built in Japan!

Suggested Improvements

Brakes could use a small upgrade. Starter motor crapped out at 40k miles, but replaced under warranty with zero hassles. Highway noise can get to you after a while. Some interior plastics aren't that great. The leather on the seats isn't that great either. Sound system is weak.

Sold On Honda Products
By Dan Chapman

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my RSX for a year and a half now and I am so happy with how well my car drives. It handles as tight as a brand new car and I have 53000 on it now. Comfortable seats. Sport tuned suspension. Powerful yet fuel efficient engine. The car corners like a bat outta hell! I'm sold on Honda.

Favorite Features

Body styling, integrity, mpg, handling, performance, leather bucket seats, 5 speed trans.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, the car is mint

5 years and no regrets
By Rich

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my RSX right after I graduated from college. It was essentially a present to myself for securing a decent paying job. Five years later, I still absolutely love my car and wouldn't trade it with anyone. I'll probably have it for at least another 5 years. The cost of ownership is insanely low; in five years I've only replaced the tires and brakes. With 3-4 oil changes per year, my car has treated me right.

Favorite Features

It's just a nice car to look at. It's even more fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats & GPS naviation. When I bought my car, these weren't too common. My next car will likely have these features.

Pretty great!
By christineeee

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used, ended up paying more that I normally do for a used car, but still a great value. Car is excellent to drive, inside console seems to be made to mold around driver. Only thing I wish is that the seats were a little bit cushier, but all in all a great car!