Used 2003 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

2003 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Reliable and stylish
By Krista C.

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my RSX for 8 years, I got it as my first car in June 2008 and have just recently traded her in 8 years later, with 206k miles on her. I absolutely love this car. It holds its value and it is reliable. As the miles added up I have had quite a few repairs, but I am so sad to see her go.
If you're thinking of buying this car I would say do it. The acceleration is even now still superb, gas mileage unmatched, and the hatchback allows for lots of space. I moved into college with this baby!
I ended up trading in my car to the dealership, but there were many people that wanted to buy it off me. It is stylish and sporty and is a classic sleek design. Comfortable to ride in for ten minutes or a few hours. Regular oil changes and routine maintenance will keep it running like new.
Will miss my RSX terribly.

Amazing Car! Never want to drive anything else
By Erica

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my RSX in 2009 with 50,000 miles and now in 2015 has 135,000 and drives like new. I have only done regular maintenance (oil change, breaks ect)
Thought that it may be time to drive something newer so I test drove a TSX (2012)and ILX (2016)but prefer my RSX over them both. The RSX has great reliability, has never let me down. They are fast and hug to the road with impeccable handling. Love the simple design of the interior, comfortable bucket seats. Awesome sound system! The heat and AC work better in my car then most new cars I have been in which is impressive given my RSX is 12 years old. Know someone with the same car as me that has 336,000 miles on their RSX hope to be driving mine for that long as I haven't found anything that compares. Absolutely love this car!!!

Baby Acura for the Win!
By Steve

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace a gas hog (mustang gt) for college. My job is roughly an hour and a half away and I needed something decently efficient on gas that didn't have the price tag of a Prius, and could still do the work and school trips on one tank. I came across one of these on a local craigslist and haven't had any regrets. It's one of the only Acura's (to my knowledge) that doesn't require premium gas or throw a fit if you don't put it in the tank. It usually does in the mid 20's mpg in the city and high 20's if not low 30's mpg on the highway. As long as you don't stomp on the gas pedal this car will do amazing no matter where you drive it; which was one of the selling points for me. The only downsides to this car come when you have to either replace belts, headlight bulbs, headlights or taillights. Because the car is so small, space under the hood is in short supply; therefore things like belts typically mean removing the entire front bumper to replace. The headlight bulbs (usually for the passenger headlight) also require removal of the entire bumper, which means you'll need to schedule some time aside for certain "simple" projects. If you need to take an entire headlight or taillight out of the car, the bumpers need to be removed completely as well since the retaining bolts are underneath the headlights and taillights. Besides those downfalls, the car is amazing. If you can find a type-s (200+hp) and don't mind driving a stick, those are the way to go. If a manual transmission isn't your thing the base models still have a good amount of kick to them (150+hp), and parts for these cars are extremely easy to find and aren't a whole lot of money either.

Best car ever
By tchoughs

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car a few months ago, and ever since I first test drove it I have been in love with it. If you are looking to buy an rsx, understand that it takes a certain kind of person to live with this car, as it is rough, bouncy, harsh and generally unforgiving. My rsx has many modifications, but I would love a stock one just as much. I have never experienced any problems that have not been caused directly by me. This car handles beautifully despite the fact that it is fwd. I had a huge bias against fwd but this car changed my mind. It can even drift!(sort of, this has just been an experiment by me) I highly recommend this car. Also VTEC!

Everything. Exept the stock shift knob as it is weighted strangely, but this is an easy fix.

Shift knob, ride height(lower is better)

Great Car
By bourge15

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Only had this car for a year, but in that time it has had no problems except for replacing the windshield wipers. Great to drive, tight gearbox, and revs really high. When you floor it, you can feel VTEC kick in about 6000rpm and starts to pull even harder. In the Type-S trim, the interior is pretty comfortable and the Bose stereo sounds great. People compliment me on the cars sporty but subtle looks. Most people guess the car is a 2008.

Love the 6 speed tranny, the Type-S is worth the extra money in initial price and gas expenses.

Only thing that would make it better is RWD.