2003 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Best car ever
By tchoughs on 01/03/14 19:21 PM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car a few months ago, and ever since I first test drove it I have been in love with it. If you are looking to buy an rsx, understand that it takes a certain kind of person to live with this car, as it is rough, bouncy, harsh and generally unforgiving. My rsx has many modifications, but I would love a stock one just as much. I have never experienced any problems that have not been caused directly by me. This car handles beautifully despite the fact that it is fwd. I had a huge bias against fwd but this car changed my mind. It can even drift!(sort of, this has just been an experiment by me) I highly recommend this car. Also VTEC!

Great Car
By bourge15 on 11/09/13 11:38 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Only had this car for a year, but in that time it has had no problems except for replacing the windshield wipers. Great to drive, tight gearbox, and revs really high. When you floor it, you can feel VTEC kick in about 6000rpm and starts to pull even harder. In the Type-S trim, the interior is pretty comfortable and the Bose stereo sounds great. People compliment me on the cars sporty but subtle looks. Most people guess the car is a 2008.

A great little car
By mjl73187 on 09/07/13 21:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is truly a little gem of a car. I've had mine for over four years, put almost 50,000 miles on it, driven it three times round-trip from Connecticut to Arkansas, driven it around the mean streets of Brooklyn. It never lets me down. I've driven it at 80+ mph with all my worldly possessions (including an antique desk) crammed in the back and STILL gotten 34 mpg. I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, unless I need something with four doors.

Just bought one...
By jtree91 on 09/07/12 09:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2003 RSX and I have to say I am very satisfied. The first quality that jumped out at me when I first drove it was its tight, sports car handling. This car handles beautifully and I am able to take turns at speeds I never could have imagined in my previous car, a grand am. The interior is leather, two toned sports seats that really add to the cars sportiness. There is a body kit on the car so it looks really sharp and sounds great with the magnaflow exhaust. Overall, im glad I bought it. I feel as though honda makes very reliable cars and the rsx is no exception.

I'll drive it till it dies
By angz415 on 07/12/11 10:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am the third owner of my 2003 RSX Type-S and I can't say enough postivie feedback about it. I'm currently at 170,000 miles and the only major repair that I've had to do is replace the clutch (which was more expensive because of the clutch's location and the man hours required to get to it). This car drives so well. Not only is it fast and fun, but the front wheel drive make it easy to contol in rain and snow (just so long as your have some ground clearance). I also love the hatchback feature. The seats in the back fold down and you can store a lot in there.

Best Sport Compact Car in its Class
By JayJayPG on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned my 03 Type S for over 6 years and will most likely be keeping this car for another 6+ years. It really is the best all around FWD sport compact car out there. I always get complements on it's appearance due to the A-Spec package mine was installed with from the factory (body kit, rear wing, aluminum shift knob, sport suspension, 17" wheels). I have never had a major mechanical problem with this car and it still drives like it did 6 years/50,000 miles ago. The only issue I have ever had with my RSX- S is a squeaky/notchy clutch pedal (which is easily remedied by spraying white lithium grease on the master cylinder pushrod).

03 RSX-S Review
By JayJayPG on 07/29/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned my 03 Type S for over 6 years now and have loved every minute of it. I have the optional A-Spec package installed on mine (which makes for a more aggressive-looking RSX) as well as a few additional modifications (Mugen Sport Suspension, Comptech Rear Sway Bay, Comptech Icebox, Comptech Short Shifter, HID's, etc.). All of these modifications have really increased the overall fun factor of driving/owning the car. I do all of my own service (using OEM parts/fluids) and it is a very inexpensive car to maintain. I have never had a single problem with this car.

Great Car
By My 2nd Acura on 01/20/10 08:32 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Acura that I have purchased. I purchased this one because the first one I owned was awesome. This car is now 7 years old and I have only done normal maintenance to it. I wish Acura would make another model that is reasonably priced. I will be holding on to this one until it stops working.

Happy
By Sharon on 05/11/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I happy with my acura. I bought it from a private party and the previous owner kept it in great condition. Fun to drive, really happy with the fact that the back seats drop which creates a good space to store stuff. Draw back. Dash rattles, and the headlights begin to dim.

Long term owner
By New Oregonian on 02/11/09 01:18 AM (PST)

2003 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned the car since 2003 - never thought I would have it for six years, but I keep trying to find something that has a better blend of performance, fuel economy, practicality and overall fun. I've driven so many cars because I want to want another car. I never keep cars six years, but it would cost 40k+ to buy a car that would top it even now. For reliable, fun transportation that handles really well on twisty roads - throw a bike in the bike and go.