2002 Acura RSX 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Leather Consumer Review - Daily driver for 10 years

2002 Acura RSX - Consumer Review

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic w/Leather)

Daily driver for 10 years
By oaklandfan78 on

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My RSX has gone through a lot over the past 10 years and put on over 145K miles but it's still running strong. It's been through quite a lot. Among the highlights were how many times, it flawlessly handled the California drive from LA to SF. At one point, it also became my utility vehicle and the fold-down seats spent many weekends lugging around DJ equipment. It now serves as my daily commuter with good gas mileage and still evokes a strong feeling of excitement when I get on the road each morning. Hopefully I can make it to 200K one day.

Favorite Features

Reliability - no real major maintenance issues besides oil, tires, brakes Good handling and fun to drive. Interior - It's simple, but I've come to appreciate the simplicity of the controls and gorgeous red lighting on the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Noisy cabin. CD player broke at some point. Interior and exterior are showing some wear from use, but aftermarket parts can be easily found.