2002 Acura RSX 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Loved it

2002 Acura RSX - Consumer Review

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Loved it
By gunmetalalloys on

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Comfortable and well designed interior (except for cupholder placement in front of shifter, though I've seen a lot worse). Beautiful inside/out. Had problem with shifting into 2nd, and everytime I had the dealer fix it the problem moved up a gear. Gave up when it got to 4th as ratios were tall enough it was rarely a problem anymore. Fairly neutral handling but beefened up rear sway bar made it better. Cold air intake helped power immensely for cheap, and engine torque dampener helped with traction. Good quality of materials and fit/finish except for the vinyl thigh support for seats. Loved the hatch - a very useful and fun car!

Favorite Features

Styling - it's a cop magnet and in a way I'm glad it's gone as I no longer get followed home. Quality and comfort was good. Performance more than adequate. Hatchback design is so useful I wish more cars in this segment were hatches. Quality of audio.

Suggested Improvements

Too late now but... audio should be MP3. More bass. LSD and/or traction control. Side mirrors leak water leaving a streak after washing and drying. Please bring it back!!