2002 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
I love this car
By Silverrsx2002 on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I picked up this car on the day of its release. To this day I have not one complaint. Excellent handeling, a definite eye catcher. I just recently installed a performance intake system and exaust and now I have even more pickup then I did before. Everyone that has seen my car love it and those who see me on the highway want to race.

My second love
By donzg on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up a new 2002 Tafetta White RSX Base Leather w/ Automatic. Love the handling and Power.

Base is a good compromise
By Blue RSX on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Base RSX is quick and nimble & has only options you need. A no-leather Type-S would be perfect. The sound of the stereo is OK, but... You can't switch display between a clock and CD track/radio program - so you never know what's playing. The CD compartment is to small and you can only put the CD sideways. Therefore you can't see CD names. I’d not store CD in a door or glove department - they resonate. Space above cup holder could've been utilized for this. They could also develop an accessory CD holder for glove department and/or doors. Weird location of the sunroof switch.

Great Car
By jaydedme on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very dependable..

LOVE MY RSX
By JRP on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my RSX since January and it's been great. I love the precise handling and acceleration at higher rpms. Its great on long trips and gets good gas mileage. Plus, its a Honda, so I don't have to worry about it spending alot of time in the shop. I'll keep this one!

Best bang for your buck!
By flipboiee on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so awesome~! This is my first car and I'm only 17 yrs old, but I have driven Celicas & Eclipses to compare it to. I feel like i got a great deal! If you get one, get it with the OEM Under Body Spoilers and the Wing Spoiler! Very nice and clean yet sporty at the same time. It adds so much more depth to the character of the RSX, something that is rich already. Got mine with leather, but had to post here cause I already posted all my wonderful thougts! Just wanted to tell you how GREAT of a car it is!---6200 miles up to date! and still going GREAT!

Enough to keep you happy
By brianm1669 on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The standard RSX is not the fastest, best looking, or most nimble car out there, but it does all of the above pretty darn well. The acceleration, cornering and breaking are all above average. The ultimate reason for purchasing this car was reliability and performance. I know that the car will likely not have many problems and the car will likely perform similar to what it does now three years from now. The engine is pedestrian while at lower speeds, but the horses really kick in when the rpm's go above 5000.

Nice Ride
By RSX on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car, run nice sounds great and for a decent price. The seats are very comfortable and the gages and really sharp looking. The proformance is like non-other. Bets car on the market for sport coups.

2002 Base 5 Speed Acura RSX
By buhusky on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2002 base model 5 speed manual RSX. Impressed. Ride is nice, seats are firm & snug (but not tight) which is nice - they hold you quite well. Standard stereo is good (Alpine w/ 6 speakers) and sounds better than i thought with good bass response. Handles nicely, acceleration is good. Its the only one in my town so far and everybody looks! Totally red lights (except A/C - standard green) at night are different, but good. The headlights put out nice light. The sunroof is smaller but VERY quiet when its open, even when going down the highway. Compared RSX to Subaru Impreza (not WRX) & opted for this. No regrets, highly recommended!

Acura RSX
By Tony - Philly on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The real fun of driving this car is definitely the sequential shift. Learn to drive this car in both automatic and shift mode and you will have fun. Shifting manually allows you to gain the full power of the engine and is great for overtaking. Overall a fun car to drive with a good solid build quality and with individual styling.