2002 Acura RSX Type-S - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (211 reviews )
rsx- satisfaction
By trevorr on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Car is excellent especially at highway speeds. Moves efortlessly and never looses its feel for the road, nor the sense tha you are in control even at very high speeds

Type-S has been great the past year
By nc-rsx-s on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had the car for 14 months now and still love driving it. It is a very comfortable car on long trips (though the lumbar adjustment doesn't do much) and the gas mileage is exceptional. I have taken the car on racetracks (road courses in the SouthEast US) several times this past year and the car handles and accelerates as well as most cars and brakes better than most. It has been reliable and proven to be a great value. As I like to drive on-track, I would really like to see a Type-R version of this car come to the US, with limited slip differential, more power, even better brakes, and lighter weight.

Value for money
By AVT on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent value for money. Feels like an expensive car. Great car to have fun in.

Worth every dollar.....
By Nikolai on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had test drove the car and was extremely surprised at what I was buying for the price. The performance is incredible and appearance-wise, nothing competes. I'm used to looking at the interior of a newer Mustang and Civic, and when I sit in my car I feel like I'm in an exotic car. It's definately something I DO NOT regret buying.

AWSOME Machine
By Blue RSX -S on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. I tested Celica, WRX, Solara, Tib GSR, ITR, IS 300. and they were not as good for the money. Acura has good quality. I have about 45K and running like a horse. I race many of other cars including Boxter and not lost a race yet!!!

Love My Race Car
By Rob P on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have drvien hundreds of cars in my life. . Other than the NSX. . .I have never driven a fun, exciting, envigorating car as the RSX Type S. . I cant say enough about it!!!!

Sweeeet!!
By dendron on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My last love was a car...this one. Have had this sweetheart for 11 mos., and its just about the most perfect blend of performance, luxury and economy (avg. 28-30 mpg in town when the foot's not headed south)available in it's price range. When the iV-Tech kicks in around 6000 rpm it feels like 10 lbs. of turbo boost and will really plaster a grin on your face. Unfortunately, it doesn't last last long enough to the 7900 rpm redline ;-) Overall the few nits are just plain blown away by the upside this ride posesses. It makes commuting almost entertaining (!!) and is a flat-out blast to drive.

RSX RIPPER
By mofo187 on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with high intent for performance. When the rpm reaches 6, it roars.

Owned
By haevolution on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the sport compact car to buy, no question about it.

type s
By lschmieg on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car is everything we thought it would be. good performance, nice looks, good fuel econmy(avg. 25 mpg in mixed driving). The negatives are not huge but are annoying, doors do not lock automatically, seat belt is always in the way when closing the door and bangs against door pillar when you take it off. Needs power seat to make it easier getting in after my wife drives it and has the seat all the way forward,