2002 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
should have known...
By not2impressed on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the RSX last week expecting to fall in love with it. It didn't happen. I thought the handling was above average even at higher speeds. It looks great inside and out. The 4cyl. performance was quite decent. Overall I have to say that it's a nice toy. On the other hand the visibility is horrible, the seats are uncomfortable as the lumbar support is too prominent and the seat itself (not the back) is too short for taller people. I also didn't care for the layout of the controls.

Awesome ride
By Trekblue98 on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the RSX about a week ago and I am very shocked. The car accelerates fast but yet I get 35 mpg. It takes awhile to get use of the firm seats. The car turns very well and stops on a dime. I love the red dashboard lights.

A Girl's Next Best Friend!
By WeavQueen on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new classy white Acura RSX!! I never would of known the car was even on the market if I didn't go to the Philly Car Show this year! I love it! I always catch people checkig out the car... especially when I'm parked in the mall parking lots!! The RSX is definitely the talk of the town!!

Great
By TimO on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After researching similar cars in this class, I decided to go with the Acura RSX. The design is sporty and yet conservative and elegant. The automatic transmission is reponsive and gives shifts with necessary power when climbing steep hills. The sports shift mode is great, if you want to drive the engine and override the manual transmission. The sound system is clear and crisp (it doesn't have that distorted mid range bass that some cars have or ear piercing highs). So far I've gotten excellent gas mileage though i'm still breaking the car in so I haven't hit VTEC yet. Overall a good investment.

The Best Car Out There!!!!
By Kristin on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my Acura RSX and it was the best investment i ever made! After a lot of research, i found this car to be, by far, the best! It's sporty and economical. i would recommend this car to anybody!

Just what I was looking for
By Canuck on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've got a long commute but want to drive something more fun than an econobox Civic. The RSX fits the bill perfectly. Good gas mileage (13km/litre) , good acceleration, comfortable, fun to drive and with a decent stereo. And I've just got a base model! Not tops in any category but above average in all respects. Highly recommended. Considered Celica, Integra, Prelude, Corolla, Civic Si and Sunfire before buying.

Perfect
By Xero on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely Perfect and lovable. You dont need any other car but this one.

Great car, great deal
By Big D on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A great car that alot of people overlook, due to the name "Acura." People were surprised at the good deal I got. The base RSX was in my price range, and the Celica would have cost me significantly more. I have yet to have any problems, and it truly feels as though Acura used the BMW 3 series as a benchmark. The handling is right on par, and the subtle whine of the incredibly smooth engine also seems familiar. Overall I'm glad I didn't overlook this brand. I got a great car that fits like a glove, and makes commuting to work FUN.

Zoooooooooooommmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!
By Ghost Rider on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just take one for a test drive. It handles awesome and is a huge improvement over the Integra it replaced. Sporty fun!

don't think twice
By j.D on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If your thinking whether or not to get this car, due to its competitors....DON'T! you'll just be wasting your time. Becuase after you get it, you'll kick yourself...HARD! For wondering why you didn't get it sooner. 3 simple reasons, fun, fun, fun to drive~!! Small car, good engine grea handling~!!...Need i say more???