Used 2002 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

2002 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Better than a GSR
By Caryn S.

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was planning on buying an older Integra GSR and had driven many of them. I thought the RSX was out of my price range but decided to test drive it anyway. After just a 10 minute test drive I had totally changed my mind. The extra money was worth to spend. The RSX-type S handles better, goes faster, and has it's own unique interior compared to the Integra. Taking this car on back roads is the most thrilling ride. It rides like rails around those sharp turns and with the new seats for the RSX you stay right in your seat. It's like it hugs you in your seat. The power is incredible and I love the sound of hitting that V-Tec. For the money you pay for this car it's definitely worth every cent!

Favorite Features

Suspension, seats, organization of the interior.

Suggested Improvements

This car is lacking a middle console which would be nice as an arm rest. It also doesn't have the window up option if you have already turned off your car.

Great Car!!
By Dominic Alexander

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car!!My first Honda product!! Good gas mileage w/ gas prices being so high. Love the leather interior, climate control, the sports shift is a lot of fun

Favorite Features

everything!

Suggested Improvements

arm rest is a must

Great car, Safe and Stylish
By wtm

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I unfortunately totaled my RSX-S recently by bouncing it off two trees at almost 70 mph. There was no damage to the interior cabin and thankfully no injuries. Besides being safe, this car is a thrill to drive. The car is really fun at about 6500 rpms and handles beautifully. The leather interior is comfortable and sporty, especially the red guages. This car is great for the consumer that wants excitement in a safe and stylish compact car. The car is an overall great buy and I would recommend it to anyone in the compact market.

Favorite Features

Stock Bose stereo, leather seats, plenty of storage space, vtech engine, short throw shifter, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

More low-end torque, bigger tires, 17" wheels, better front end styling

Best bang for the buck!
By blue_rsx

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For $22K, this is a great car. It has enough pep to make it a fun car to drive, and it is a great looking car too--inside and out!

Favorite Features

Climate control, angled controls on dash, no "hump" on floor in back seat

Great car, combines fun w/practicality
By David

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my RSX since 2002, and still love it. It's been wonderfully reliable, without a single significant mechanical problem. Performance is excellent, especially the i-VTEC. Good cargo capacity, and hatchback can handle large/bulky objects better than you might expect.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, acceleration on highway, FUN

Suggested Improvements

Stock stereo and speakers are mediocre. Stock tires are also mediocre, which I discovered when I replaced mine with Yokohama AVS dB S2 tires, for a noticeable improvement in handling, as well as significant noise reduction.