Used 2002 Acura RSX Type-S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Acura Rsx - Consumer Reviews

Type-S 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (211 reviews )

GOOD CAR
By CINDY

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

THIS REALLY IS A GOOD CAR. FUN TO DRIVE. ITS ACTUALLY GOOD WITH GAS. ACTUALLY AS OF TODAY I AM AT A HALF A TANK AND 200 MILES. NOT BAD WITH GAS PRICES GOING UP!

Favorite Features

RACER SEATS, ALARM, FOG LIGHTS, SUNROOF, REMOVABLE TRUNK COVER FOR MORE TRUNK SPACE

Suggested Improvements

BETTER TIRES I SPENT $500 FOR NEW TIRES BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT REPLACE MY TIRE THAT CAME WITH A BUBBLE IN IT. IF YOU TURN THE WHEEL ALL THEY WAY TO THE LEFT IT MAKES A WHINING NOISE. MY BREAKS NOW CLICK, I HAVE TO GET THAT LOOKED AT. TOO MUCH MONEY FOR MAINTENCE

Great car !!
By Rsxtypes916

Great car all around !!!

Favorite Features

Body styling is superb...I-vtec kicks in strong.

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower would be great.

Survived!
By btray

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I give the RSX Two Thumbs up for safety. I unfortunately was involved in a car accident and totaled my RSX. I walked away with minor Whiplash. I impacted the center median at over 60 miles per hour almost straight on, and there was NO cabin damage. In most cars I would have had an engine where my knees were. Itís a very safe car.

Favorite Features

Air vents, 6 speed, fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements that I think would be a necessity are the windshield wipers and water sprayers. The wipers do not go fast enough in high, and when cleaning the windshield if the windows are down water comes in the car.

Fun, Fast, and Earth Friendly
By Si

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun, Fast way to get to work. Travel over 25 miles (one way) and average 27 to 30 MPG, and that's 65 to 80 mph. On trips average 33 to 35 MPG traveling 75 to 80 mph. Not bad when you consider the performance of 200 HP. 2.0 liter engine and it's still a LEV vehicle. Acura reliability. No service issues with 31,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Outstanding ergonomic design of all controls and the super slick 6 speed. Best manual I've ever driven.

Suggested Improvements

Better chip resistant paint on hood and frontend of car. Northeast winters are a little tougher that Southern California.

Awesome Ride!
By dendron

2002 Acura RSX Type-S Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The RSX Type S just rocks! Comfortable (and I'm 6'4"), smooth, dead reliable, fast, quasi-luxurious, and waaay fun to drive. I've driven this car for 2 yrs and it's just as fun now as the day I bought it. Nits (?)...it's undertired. She needs 17- 18" wheels and 225ZR40 skinz to bring out her best. Other than that, a very hard car to beat at its price point.

Favorite Features

The VTEC turbo-like kick at 6000 RPMs, and the optional titanium shift knob from Acura.

Suggested Improvements

More HP!! Bigger wheels and tires. Higher wattage in the Bose sound sysem. :-)