2002 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Survived!
By btray on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I give the RSX Two Thumbs up for safety. I unfortunately was involved in a car accident and totaled my RSX. I walked away with minor Whiplash. I impacted the center median at over 60 miles per hour almost straight on, and there was NO cabin damage. In most cars I would have had an engine where my knees were. ItÂ’s a very safe car.

Fun, Fast, and Earth Friendly
By Si on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun, Fast way to get to work. Travel over 25 miles (one way) and average 27 to 30 MPG, and that's 65 to 80 mph. On trips average 33 to 35 MPG traveling 75 to 80 mph. Not bad when you consider the performance of 200 HP. 2.0 liter engine and it's still a LEV vehicle. Acura reliability. No service issues with 31,000 miles.

Awesome Ride!
By dendron on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The RSX Type S just rocks! Comfortable (and I'm 6'4"), smooth, dead reliable, fast, quasi-luxurious, and waaay fun to drive. I've driven this car for 2 yrs and it's just as fun now as the day I bought it. Nits (?)...it's undertired. She needs 17- 18" wheels and 225ZR40 skinz to bring out her best. Other than that, a very hard car to beat at its price point.

Nice ride for the money
By Emb21 on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the Type S. Had the car for almost 2 years now, put about 24 thousand miles on it and never had a problem so far(knock on wood). The car has a tight stick, tight steering, and great acceleration. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable quick coupe with some style but if your looking for something roomier check out the Mazda 6 but its still no Acura. Plenty of room for a single guy or girl.

Good Car
By silver rsx-s on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

love my car except for the 2nd gear grind.

Fun to drive
By Charles_RSX on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car- no problems after 30k. Excellent handling and performance withing tuning. Have added 18" wheels, suspension kit (koni/nuespeed) and Cold Air Intake (AEM) which increased horsepower & handling nicely. Overall Good gas mileage. Only gripe is the stereo... Not easy to tap into for aftermarket goodies.

My Best Vehicle Yet
By Ron D on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I moved up from a 2 Dr. Honda Civic EX and will never look back again!!! The comfortable seats, quiet ride, and quick response is absolutely incredible. When I purchased this car( shortly after I got a BIG promotion), I was looking for something that had great gas mileage, good safety features, and the "Executive" look. Boy did I get what I wanted and more. Try driving fifteen (15) hours in most vehicles and you probably wouldn't want to see it again for a while...not with this car!!! If you have not guessed by now, I like this vehicle!!! By the way, at a cruise controlled 75 MPH on the highway, I have averaged almost 400 miles on a full tank of gas.

needs better transmission
By videokideo on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

manual transmission is not smooth shifting. going in/out of gear positions is sticky feeling with synchro gears not performing well

S-type Ride
By WWard on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Overall an excellent vehicle. Well built, nice features and styling. Very responsive and fast, need to watch speed on highway.

great car butt...
By clonggator94 on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this is a truly well put together car, but after only 1year of use and less than 6000mi the trade-in value is about $10k less than i paid. i added sporty 18" rims and low profile tire as well as the stock fog lights, but dealers don't want to add on to the trade-in value.