2002 Acura RSX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Here's the skinny...
By pocket on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent overall. I choose the base model since the difference in performance was was not of great importance to me (.7 sec faster for type-s 0-60 and 1/4 mile) Handling is particularly admirable. I had a 3- series BMW before this.. and this car handles every bit as good. If you want to smoke people while drag racing, get a WRX. If you want a classy car at a great price, the RSX is fantastic. Great value for the dollar.

A pleasure to drive...Anytime...
By Asko on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Top notch, perfectly executed in every department. Extremely pleased with purchase, will recommend to every one.

Perfect car for young single guy
By AcuraGuy on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I researched several vehicles before looking at the RSX but fell in love with it when I test drove it. Bought it a week later and haven't regretted my decision. I've now had my Acura for a month and put nearly 3,000 miles on the car already. Absolutely no problems other than an alignment issue that the dealership immediately took care of. Great power, superb handling, and fantastic styling are tradmarks of car. I have had several strangers come up and tell me they love my car. Not that I crave attention but being 25 and having girls come up and strike up conversation about my car is a plus. Get a spoiler...its worth the couple hundred dollars.

greatttt
By sol on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

excellent car, with great exterior looks, i am glad that i bought this wonderful import from acura i wanted a bmw but saved a lot more money on this wonderful car

I Want My Integra
By BelieveMeI'veLooked on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven Integras for 13 years so I was excited when the RSX came out. On paper, I liked everything about it: gas mileage, features, etc. But, in person, the car is smaller than my '91 Integra--I felt like I was getting in a coffin. I'm only 5-10 and 160 so don't think it's my size. Good performance, but I just couldn't get over how much I longed for my Integra.

My first car. . . . .
By RadSuperXtreme on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Oh my god this car is freakin AWESOME ! Its fast and I love the sportshift.Looks great on the outside and its kind a all right on the inside.The leather seats is very comfortable.And the red lights in the controls are awesome at night.I wish they would have made the back seat more head room cause my passengers keep bumping their head on the sides.Overall this car is awesome way better than the celica and oh yeah the new CELICAS look like freakin RSX how cheap very cheap.Thats all.

Awesome Sports Coupe
By Steve6 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for more than five months now, and I love it. The car rides well, gas mileage is great, and the car looks sporty. I don't understand how some people say that the RSX is an "upgraded" Civic. The car makes the Civic look like cheap piece of junk. One thing to mention is the cloth seats are suede-like and thus, are more comfortable and feel more sophisticated that most cloth.

The best under $25K for coupe/hatch
By cheeku on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Been a month since I got the car. No problems whatsoever,car is zippy enough, great mileage even without using premium. I had shopped against a VW jetta(1.8T). Too much body roll on the jetta.Ideal car for someone who is single although the back seat is not too bad for short drives. Handles very well on the twisties. If anyone is from Austin take it on 2222 and you'll be sold.

Not bad
By R_L on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bumpy ride, interior space is tight, hugh blind spot, otherwise good car for the price.

Just Perfect
By Sophie on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Acura RSX Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sorry guys, but for me, it's the perfect girly car... It looks like your boyfriend's car, snuggs you in the comfy seats like your boyfriend's arms, wrooooooooooms like your boyfriend, but it can be YOURS! - for less than other cars... Love the design, love the color (red), love everything. I hope I'll still love it after 100.000 miles and a few bumps. BTW, the sequetial gear box is great. I live in hilly SF and I need to force into 1rst gear up hill and down hill in my street. Works perferctly. My husband loves it too, whenever he wanna feel younger :-) He had an Integra and loves the RSX.